Jailbroken 1.1.2 doesnt work with iTunes 7.5?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Vee, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Vee

Vee New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I recently jailbroke my 1.1.1 ipod touch, by doing the process of upgrading to 1.1.2 then jailbreaking, everything went successful. But now, iTunes recognises my iPod, but says it cant recognize the files, so i should restore it.

I remember reading somewhere that jailbroken 1.1.2's dont play well with iTunes 7.5. Is this true? If so, do i just reinstall itunes at a lower version? And will that erase my iTunes library? Or is there an easier method?

Thank you for everything guys, providing an excellent community and also your help in the future.

Vee.
  2. Wesche

Wesche New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    im not sure about this but if its true... I wont get 7.5

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Ranger

Ranger New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It does work. I am using 7.5. No problems.
  4. Nayfe

Nayfe New Member

Hey im knew to all this and also to my iPod touch! I havnt yet jailbroken my iPod just bit worried about it bricking and as it bein knew yano! But i think i am going to do it just tryna find out the easiest and quickest way i saw a way on youtube which was http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHHPVhDfxT8 can somebody just have a look at it for me and tell me? Thanks

Or do you think it will be easier just to use jailbreakme.com ?

Like i said Thanks
  5. Ranger

Ranger New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Go here and use these vids:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ipodtouchmaster

You will need to downgrade to 1.1.1 first.
    Then Jailbreak 1.1.1.
    Then install oktoprep.
    Then jailbreak 1.1.2.
    Then install all your apps.
    Then enjoy.

You can't brick it. If you do lock it up, you can do a forced restore (search the forum for how to).
    If you follow ipodtouchmaster's videos and use the tools and firmware he has posted in the "about this video" section for each step you will be fine.
    I jailbroke mine as soon as I got home with it from the store. No problems. My first ipod or any apple product for that matter.
  6. yangg

yangg New Member

what is the link for downloading the software?
  7. TitanKid4Life

TitanKid4Life New Member

I just saw the bit about having OktoPrep or whatever to upgrade back to 1.1.2 will it be ok if i have already installed a lot of apps on it?
  8. whitegreyhat

whitegreyhat New Member

I just downloaded iTunes yesterday to jailbreak my ipod touch and it worked fine, so yeh it works fine as long as you can follow directions and probably run through trial and error a couple times, its not the EASIEST process, but not rocket science. I am not sure if the apps stay in the upgrade, i think not, because when you run jailbreak at the final stage, reinstalls or makes installer show up. but not 100% sure, i think I also read in the tutorials you will lose all apps when you update or restore, the only data you can keep is the data backed up by itunes.
  9. Ranger

Ranger New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Follow ipodtouchmaster's videos and use the tools and firmware he has posted in the "about this video" next to the video on youtube.
  10. Vee

Vee New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    For some reason, once i restarted my PC, it worked. Then iTunes asked to update to 7.5!

So i guess its forgotten i updated!

Thanks for all your help.