jailbroke a friends ipod, now when i go to app store it's under my account??

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by girl1nthebox, Aug 18, 2009.

1. girl1nthebox

girl1nthebox New Member

i'm sorry if this is in the wrong section, but i jailbroke a friends ipod touch 2g on 2.2.1 firmware just a minute ago. it worked fine but when i clicked 'app store' on the ipod touch and tried to download a free app it asked for MY itunes account and password. How do I change that? Will she just have to do it when I give it back to her through her Itunes?

Just fyi, when I finished the jailbreak Itunes asked me if I wanted to set it up as a new ipod or restore from my ipod. I chose neither and just unplugged, lol.

help?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. jord

jord New Member

he can change the account...
    Open the app store, go to Featured, scroll down to the bttom, you will see your email address, click it.. change account.

Otherwise, have him log into his account in itunes, then sync the phone
  3. girl1nthebox

girl1nthebox New Member

i tried to change it by going to app store, featured, etc, and it wouldn't let me click my e-mail address. so i just googled it and it says its not possible to change it from the device itself, but that she can sign into her account on itunes and sync it.. exactly what you said. thanks! i just had a mini panic attack but i'm better now.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    one more question if anyone is still around to answer. when she gets her ipod and hooks it up to itunes, should she click 'set up as new ipod' or 'restore from backup of tracys ipod' ??
  4. jord

jord New Member

Are you not on 3.0?
    3.0 added the option to chnage the account on the device without help from itunes.

Glad you've figured it out though!
  5. robertomano24

robertomano24 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    depends if she wasnts all the info that was on it previously. if she wants to start from new, start from new
  6. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

I know that others have posted a solution, but this is because the iPod's first sync was with your computer, which had your account set up in iTunes.
  7. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    when she syncs it with her computer it will fix the account.
  8. iMicky

iMicky New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    All you had to do was reset the iPods settings, thats what i do to remove my app store account from the iPod.