Jailbreakme no go for me. ijailbreak perfect

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by PCKid, Oct 30, 2007.

1. PCKid

PCKid New Member

After 2 days of installing via jailbreakme and having no success installing apps (they installed ok but wouldn't open) and via info on the forum here restored my touch 3 times and reinstalled jailbreakme I gave up. Couldn't ssh into the touch via cyberduck either. So restored it to out of box once again and thought for the hell of it before I give up completely I'll just try the ijailbreak way and it worked perfectly first time plus it installed the iphone apps as well and now I can get into the files via cyberduck too. So for all those who are struggling like me did you try the jailbreakme method? if so restore and do the ijailbreak method. It's just as easy and works perfectly. Hallelujah!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. trayseeleeaung

trayseeleeaung New Member

hrm

so you go to jailbreakme.com right?
  3. PCKid

PCKid New Member

Yeah that's how I did it originally but it didn't work for me. Good luck if you go down that path.
  4. trayseeleeaung

trayseeleeaung New Member

so how did you do it this time? how do you get to ijailbreakme? is it the one on google code? if so, i tried instaling it and it says safari cant download this
  5. PCKid

PCKid New Member

No these are 2 distinct different ways. Read what you wrote. You put an "i" in front of jailbreakme. There is no "i" in front. The other version is downloadable from the ijailbreak site and the folder it downloads needs to be put into the Applications Folder on your Mac and run from there. If you follow it to the letter it will work perfectly and install the iPhone apps as well. Also it will ask you after it all to update the Installer so do that as well. Now there is an option to update the Calendar app too.
  6. amukar

amukar New Member

What happens when you let iTunes sync to the iPot? Does iTunes still find the iPot? I'm asking, because I read some scary stories about an error msg coming up. And secondly: can you still restore the iPod Touch after you have jailbroken it?
  7. TARCHUNAKE

TARCHUNAKE New Member

YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO RESTORE YOUR iPOD WHENEVER U WANT TO WITH NO PROBLEMS!

IF YOU WANNA START FROM SCRATCH MAKE SURE U GO BACK TO FACTORY SETTINGS THROUGH YOUR iTUNES!

GOOD LUCK!

8. JustoHermano

JustoHermano New Member

\

What if we don't have a mac
  9. Snakehn

Snakehn New Member

Same here, ijailbreak did the job on my hackintosh

10. CyberPrime

CyberPrime New Member

cool, other methods keep popping up, lets hope a few can figure out the 1.1.2 when it comes around to the iPoT.