Jailbreakme.com installs you oktoprep?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by IpodTouchMexico, Feb 4, 2008.

1. IpodTouchMexico

IpodTouchMexico New Member

today i re jailbroke my ipod and when i isnatlled appsnapp it said at the end, Installing Oktoprep. did it install the oktoprep? new feauture? can anyone confirm this?

EDIT: found this

8. New! 2/1/08 Automatically oktoprep's (for easy 1.1.2 upgrade functionality, no need to install the package anymore).

Awesome! mod pls close thread. just letting people know now
  2. Gaming Warrior

Gaming Warrior New Member

i noticed this but with the amout of trouble jailbreakme.com was giveing me to jailbreak i wasn't gonna risk it not working and having to start all over again.
  3. IpodTouchMexico

IpodTouchMexico New Member

yeah i tried it right now and it didnt work when trying touchfree process, ima re-try it...

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

5. lordemil

lordemil Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    it does not install OktoPrep, i did it yesterday and i was gonna jailbreak 1.1.2 after upgrading to 1.1.2, it didnt work
  6. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    they updated both appsnap and the 1.1.2 jailbreak. if you use appsnap and then the old 1.1.2 jailbreak it wont work. you have to download the new 1.1.2 jailbreak. it took me a while to figure it out yesterday. http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/1.1.2-jailbreak.zip

and also make sure it says at the end installing oktoprep.
    If it does not work install oktoprep your self and use the old 1.1.2 jailbreak. if you install it your self and use the new jailbreak it puts it in recovery mode.
  7. ketanitem

ketanitem New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes, the message installing oktoprep is displayed, but turns out it didn't install it! I tried to jailbreak to 1.1.2 and it complaints that oktoprep was not done.
    Today I try jailbreakme.com again, and the message installing oktoprep is not there anymore.
  8. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    use this i think they changed somthing http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/1.1.2-jailbreak.zip

i have one i downloaded months ago and one i downloaded yesterday. at the end of the prosses it says something like your ipod will reboot. while the older one tells you to manualy reboot. so something was changed
  9. ccmn

ccmn Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I had to install the oktoprep manually . It would not work with the jailbreak downloaded from last weekend. I tried a couple of times. Can someone confirm if and when 1.1.2 jailbreak download was changed. I would like to know for future reference.
  10. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

I can confirm that the jailbreak package has not really been updated, despite what the other guy said. If the OktoPrep file that installs with jailbreakme.com had been updated, along with a new 1.1.2 jailbreak package, it would have been announced. It hasn't been announced, so therefore he's talking rubbish.