iOS 4.1 jailbreakme.com hasnt updated...

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by guitarhero249, Oct 16, 2010.

1. guitarhero249

guitarhero249 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    anyone know when this will happen? im already jailbroken but i have...dumb...friends...who need easier ways. how come its not compatible with 4.1 yet? does the software block its exploit?
  2. sPod

sPod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    because its a userland jailbreak made specifically for 4.0.
    yes 4.1 isn't compatible with jailbreakme
  3. je1230

je1230 Member

there is only one exploit being used for 4.1 and it requires a usb connection, there is a chance that jailbreakme.com will never be updated
  4. guy123456

guy123456 Member

it will never be compatible will it?. its a pdf exploit that has already been patched
  5. je1230

je1230 Member

there is a chance it might be used again, just might not be through pdf, it all depends on how the exploit works
  6. ishey94

ishey94 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I remember on the original iPod touch there was something similar to jailbreakme.com, I just can't remember the name (mabey that was it) but after it stopped working I was the only one of my friends that could jailbreak ipods, and I didn't even have one... I ended up getting around $300 jailbreaking, at $5/jailbreak. I did the same thing for 2nd gen iPod and ended up buying myself one. ahh thinking back on the old days, before I had a job.

Please Register or Log in to view images

The moral of the story is, jailbreak for your friends and either charge, or get donations, or just do it for free. I only charged for people I wasn't good good friends with.
  7. Baphomet

Baphomet Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I charged people for unlocks and jailbreaks after explaining the process. Most people don't want to spend the time to even press a button if they can pay someone to do it.

Jailbreakme was one of the first jailbreaks around actually. New one will probably not be updated unless there is another userland jailbreak that can be used in a browser pops up and we don't need to jailbreak 4.0 anymore. Thing is, theres an unlock on 4.0 and not one for 4.1 so its unlikely they will get rid of jailbreakme for that reason (if I can unlock on 4.0, I'm not going to a firmware I cannot unlock)
  8. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Thats kinda "fraudy" You must donate all profits to the dev because they made it.

It won't update because the exploit is the pdf it uses it as a frontdoor and backdoors your device. They patched it. Same reason why spirit won't work for 4.0
  9. Baphomet

Baphomet Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Kinda hard for me to donate without a credit, or bank account eh?

Please Register or Log in to view images

People offer to pay me. I don't charge. Plus, I am not obligated to do anything.