jailbreakme.com errors?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by CyberPrime, Nov 4, 2007.

1. CyberPrime

CyberPrime New Member

Hey guys, i've heard stories of after using jailbreakme.com or slovix.com/touchfree/jb/ their iTunes won't recognize the iPoT... I've also heard reports of other glitches like some songs not playing, slowness, crashes etc. But mostly the sync problem...

Anybody else have this, heard of this or can comfirm this?

Also, i've heard that if you get this error sometimes you can't reset the iPoT...
  2. planetbeing

planetbeing New Member

jailbreakme.com used to mistakenly overwrite lockdownd on iPod touches, leading to an inability to connect with the computer after the iPod touch is rebooted. slovix.com/touchfree/jb/ never had this problem. After jailbreakme.com absorbed most of my source, that problem is fixed.

That's probably just the user installing a bunch of stuff on their iPod and blaming the jailbreak writers when their system becomes unstable.

Yeah, jailbreakme.com prevented the iPod from connecting to the computer AT ALL. Naturally, this means no restores either. However, it will connect in recovery mode. See FAQ for details on recovery mode. Again, this problem has been fixed.