Jailbreaking

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by blaineoliver, Jan 2, 2009.

1. blaineoliver

blaineoliver New Member

I have been on this forum for abou 2 days now, and all i can say is that the intelligence of some of the members is rather low. It has been plainly obvious that there is no iPod touch 2G jailbreak, and you get this dumbasses who keep saying 'this video is real' and 'i did it' Its utter crap. Aside from the rant, I wondered if someone in the know could tell me if it would be possible to do one of the following:

Add some stealth hack to an application, get it submitted, then install the application, and use it gain full control of the ipod, thus enabling you to get the decryption to the device. Meaning you can jailbreak.

Or, could you desolder the eeprom or similar and read data off it, hopefully giving us some sort of key to the decryption used, and could you use this with previous encryption methods in the past used by apple to work out what the encryption is this time?

This may not be helpful, but i thought its worth adding my two cents to the discussion to understand the jailbreak methods tried.
  2. ParrotBoy

ParrotBoy Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yeah, Those idiots who can's seem to understand big red flashing text should be IP banned.

It would be rather difficult to do the stealth app idea. But I don't really know much about jailbreaking

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. SmoothTroopa

SmoothTroopa Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    and i think you are one of those low intellect people. Why do you need to spam the forum with another there is no ipod 2g jailbreak thread. People can read cant they? And i agree to the above poster that people wh cant read should be banned
  4. Kebabs

Kebabs New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    A "stealth hack" would not work as applications are not run
    as root.

Also first post

. Also done on my iPod Touch.
  5. ZunePod

ZunePod Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Use a hack similar to Jailbreakme.com
  6. Bag3l

Bag3l New Member

BIG
    RED
    FLASHING
    TEXT.

well, as of now lol

7. SmoothTroopa

SmoothTroopa Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    OH we've got our selves a clever one. Can you not read? This topic is bout making a jialbreak moron
  8. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Unfortunately, your idea has been already asked before, and it's a no-go.
    Applications are sandboxed by the iPhone OS and are not allowed root access. Not only this, but any applications they spawn are automatically killed by the OS.
  9. blaineoliver

blaineoliver New Member

Thanks for the replies, if there was an irc channel or somewhere this could be discussed then i wouldnt post in here, didnt see where else i could post. I thought its better i asked rather than keeping to myself, and yes sorry if its annoyed anyone. Im not one of these low interllect people because im not claiming i have made one, im not saying when will there be one, im just asking if what i said would work.
  10. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    There is one, but it's usually dead...