Jailbreaking your 3G Device?Read this for more info!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by aKhaoticClown, Apr 5, 2010.

1. aKhaoticClown

aKhaoticClown New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    !!!!Welcome!!!!​

Alright, this is a little help thread for those of you that are Jailbreaking/jailbroken on 3G, 32/64 GB. Why am I making this? Well when i got my iPod, I really didn't know much about Jailbreaking, didn't know anything. So this is to help you new people out. oh and by the way, I'm still limited on some stuff but know the general stuff =). Also I'm not done with this and if you think im just restating the stickies, IM NOT DONE, Im going into detail about what you have to do. As of right now I have stuff to do and just editing now and then=)WILL POST LINKS! And another note, if I tell you to search something on the forum please do it! ​

Lets Begin!​

JailBreaking
    Alright if you don't know what a Jailbreak is go ahead an use the search button up top right there. Anyways, the requirements for this is that you are running the firmware 3.1.2. This is very important as if you upgrade to 3.1.3, your unlock is now gone. As of now all new ipods come in 3.1.3. But if you have a 8 GB you can downgrade to 3.1.2 using 2G firmware. Now would be another good time to search that up, if you want to. Sorry to say but as of now 3.1.3,32/64 GB you guys are going to have to wait....but!!!!!! 4.0 is being released soon! So I promise that there will be a Jailbreak for that. and for users that have 3.1.2, google up blackra1n. download that and look for instructions. Again use the search button. After that you will be tethered, which means that your device will not be able to restart with out losing your Jailbreak. So keep your device charged and NEVER reset. As sometimes you get stuck in a recovery loop, and cant get out. and you end up restoring your touch. *Cry* but......(yes lots of butts), READ BELOW

Keeping your Jailbreak
    Alright so you have your jailbreak now!!! YAY YAY YAY!!! And you want to keep it right? Well now you are going to have to back up your SHSH. To do this go to the app cydia that you installed with blackra1n, and there should be a little button that says make my life easier please!(something like that.) And when a couple of days has passed. You SHOULD be good. at the top is should say SHSH's backed up 3.1.2. You are good. Now if u updated to 3.1.3 you can downgrade ONLY if you just did what i told you. All you have to do is download the 3.1.2 firmware. Go to DFU mode,(SEARCH SUCKAS JKJK =) and press and hold shift and click restore. Find your 3.1.2 firmware. Wait a bit and you are now on 3.1.2!!!! *Little kid's voice* THANK YOU PAPER_KITE.

Well bye now, I got to go pack.(going to DC) I will clean this up and add more. If you think that something is wrong or want to add please post and i will post some credits to you!!! Bye Bye now!

CREDITS
    Theodosius For helping me clean up this thread!
    J-Phone For helping me clean up this thread!
  2. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    you can downgrade using 2G firmware not 2.x

blackra1n not blacrain

again its blackra1n

you can reset, you'll just need to run blackra1n again
  3. Ouchy_S

Ouchy_S Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S3

You're just repeating what already been said in threads and sticky's, and did a bad job of it.
  4. aKhaoticClown

aKhaoticClown New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Lol, my first guide thingy, hmm u can reset and use blackra1n(woot got it right) i reset and i got stuck on a loop used blackra1n.redsn0w and nothing worked it just got stuck. Oh well, editing now
  5. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    well backra1n is not as stable as redsn0w
  6. aKhaoticClown

aKhaoticClown New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hmmmmm well was that to my guide or my problem?
    ------------------double post merged------------------

Well I'm not done
    and just going to better detail.
  7. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    your problem
  8. aKhaoticClown

aKhaoticClown New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ahhhh ok. Well I tired both. It's ok 4.0 is coming out. =)
  9. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    aww i get no credit?
  10. aKhaoticClown

aKhaoticClown New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Lol credit for??? I'll add it if you tell me why