Jailbreaking without Jailbreaking? PLEASE APPLE!!!!

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by marklib95, Apr 23, 2009.

1. marklib95

marklib95 New Member

Ok. A couple of weeks ago, i tried to jailbreak my itouch 2g. First time. It was broken for a couple of days, and then automatically came on. After that im never trying it again. I was just wondering why apple doesnt let us customize the ipods. Like doing everything that jailbreaking does accept the free apps. For instance, changing the column rows and dock app numbers and the backgrounds. PLEASE APPLE PLEASE!!!!
  2. Andrew2

Andrew2 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    okay then...
  3. LeanPocketTouch

LeanPocketTouch Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I think it's branding. If everybody has the same iPod nobody gets confused and asks what it is. I'm sure there's more to but that's my idea.
  4. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You must have not done something right then. I recommend trying to jailbreak again, and researching it a bit more... Its a great experience and it really makes your iPod SO MUCH MORE AMAZING THAN IT ALREADY IS! But that's just me...

Well, For one... It would look sloppy. I'm not sure if you know anything about Apple, But they're a company who likes to and definitely keeps things neat. Having Random themes, Dock number's, Column/Row numbers, Etc. probably wouldn't look that neat. With these different sizes the applications would have to change icon size on screen too.

Plus, How hard do you think it'd be to make a theme? You realize you'd have to make an icon for THOUSANDS of applications. Then, There will be the matter of Apple having to check the theme in order to allow it into the App store. They'd have to check every single icon in that theme, Which like said above would be in the thousands.

Also, Most of the applications that are available via Jailbreak would break Apples rules set for applications in the App Store.

I personally like it the way it is. Apple made a good decision not allowing themes/total customization.
  5. Hero2

Hero2 New Member

Try to jailbrake again using redsn0w 0.3. First, restore your iPod to its original firmware. Then, put it into DFU mode and run redsn0w.

Usually, customization is limited because of memory leaks. If a theme takes up too much memory, it could cause a buffer overflow allowing unsigned code to be executed using an exploit. Apple only wants their licensed developers to create apps. As you can tell, Apple's default theme is simple and neat. This wouldnt use as much memory as the Resident Evil Maximum them, for example. Hope I've helped in some way. I agree with vintagecondom, Apple did make a good dicision not allowing total customization.

BTW, does anyone know how to fix the bug that causes the compilation error "as: no assemblers installed"?
    EDIT:Nevermind I figured it out ^