iOS 3.1 Jailbreaking with Blackrain IPhone 3G 3.1 FW?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Baby_Bella, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Baby_Bella

Baby_Bella New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Has anyone successfully jailbroke their Iphone 3g 3.1 yet with Blackrain.
    I'm a lil hesitant to do it myself because I read that you shouldn't because of the unlocking baseband problem. Can someone explain the baseband unlocking thing cause I am a lil confused. Thanks
  2. thfcmad

thfcmad New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    The baseband is to do with unlocking. If you intend to use your iphone on another network. Eg in England Iphones come locked to o2. If i wanted to use it say on Vodafone then i wouldnt update it using itunes as it would update the baseband meaning the unlock wouldnt work. If you just intend to use it on the network on which it was designed to operate then upgrade via itunes then run blackra1n. You will only have a problem if you want to use it on another network in the future. Hope that makes sense.
  3. Baby_Bella

Baby_Bella New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    So let me see if I get this right....
    My IPhone is through Rogers... So say if I wanted to switch my service and go with Telus and keep my Iphone... I wouldn't be able to cause my baseband would be no good?
  4. leonheartx

leonheartx New Member

I'd like to get a clarification as well because a friend of mine also ready to use this but unsure if itll work for him because he has a 3.1 iphone 3gs purchased from apple store and using Rogers.
  5. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    From what I understand, any iPhone on 3.1.* won't be able to be unlocked due to the baseband.

However,
    My friend on Rogers did this, to get onto Bell: Download a firmware for 3.0 off the internet, and go to iTunes and shift+clickrestore with Iphone plugged in and go to the downloaded file and then just when it's done, jail-break and sync without a sim card in and follow the rest of the other guides. He had to do it twice though, for it to work!

Best of luck,
    Brendan
  6. Deriem

Deriem New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    ok.......not knowing that my iphone was jailbroken...i tried updating it...then getting an error i tried recovering it...now its stuck in recovery mode...it is already unlocked...i tried using blackrain to carry it to 3.2 but i hasnt seemed to work....HELP!!! PLEASE!!!
  7. ValleyForge

ValleyForge Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    You should make your own thread instead of replying to this 3-year old one, that way you will get more help

Please Register or Log in to view images