Jailbreaking winpwn 2.0 Quick Questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by b1j4nt, Jul 31, 2008.

1. b1j4nt

b1j4nt New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi i have a 1.1.4 jailbroken ipod touch 8gb, to use winpwn do i have to restore my ipod first? Also, if anything goes wrong in the jailbreak (winpwn) like my ipod touch gets bricked no matter what i can always fix it with dfu mode? Like im pretty sure i know what im doing in terms of the winpwn 2.0 but i just got my ipod last week and i get nervous lol.

Also, should I use winpwn 2.0 or wait for winpwn 2.5 which the devs said will fix bugs and be much easier to use, also he said it will be releasing "very soon"

-Thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Yes, you must restore to jailbreak because you are making a new firmware that has Cydia on it.

No, you can't brick it unless you are a TOTAL idiot.

WinPwn 2.0.0.3 is fine, you don't have to wait unless you get errors that occur for some people.
  3. b1j4nt

b1j4nt New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok, but just incase it does get bricked will DFU mode save my ipod?
  4. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Brick = unusable, unfixable

The "idiot" I mean is obviously below you. The type of idiot who would brick their iPod can't follow directions to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, let alone be able to make a post on an internet forum.
  5. b1j4nt

b1j4nt New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    lol, thanks man. Just wondering because somewhere on youtube i heard you can unbrick a bricked ipod.

So basicly if i was able to jailbreak 1.1.4 in like a min i should be able to jailbreak 2.0 no problems, k i'll get to it

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. ipodgamez

ipodgamez Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    if ur on windows u can use the tutorial in my signature to jb 2.0
  7. b1j4nt

b1j4nt New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well i'll just wait for winpwn 2.5 anyways because i have a lot of apps on my 1.1.4 jailbroken ipod and they are good for the time being. So probably by 1 week the new winpwn will be out and i'll do it.