Jailbreaking questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Dylan1228, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Dylan1228

Dylan1228 New Member

Jan 29, 2010
    • Illegal/piracy-related discussions
    I have a 2nd generation 8gig iPod touch and I've been thinking about jailbreaking it. A list of pros and cons would be nice but I also have some specefic questions.
    1.would the highscores/data of my games be erased?
    2.would the battery life be shorter?
    3.is there a chance my iPod would get bricked
    4.would all of my contacts/bookmarks/screenshots taken by iPod/calendar events/notes etc. Be erased?
    5.what sort of stuff would I lose by jailbreaking (data etc.) if any would I lose

also I know free apps are the main reason but what are some other cool perks that can be utalized by jailbreaking? Please feel free to add anything i've left out. Any info will be appreciated thanks.
  2. TechnoEagle

TechnoEagle Member

Jan 2, 2010
    1. Neither highscores nor data will be erased.
    2. The battery life does decrease, though I do not think it is permanent. In other words, the battery life is only shorter while you are using certain apps like Winterboard.
    3. There is a small chance that your iPod with become bricked, but I am pretty sure the "Restore" button in iTunes will usually fix that (Though I am not sure about this).
    4. Nothing will be erased from your iPod.
    5. The only thing you will lose is speed. I jailbroke my iPod a few weeks ago, and it is much slower than it used to be.

Here are my favorite things about jailbreaking:
    1. Winterboard (custom themes)
    2. Apps like MobileTerminal (Command prompt for iPod)
    3. Winterboard!!!

I would definitely recommend jailbreaking your iPod using a program called blackra1n. It is extremely easy and you can always restore your iPod if you decide you don't like it. Google "Blackra1n jailbreak iPod touch" and you should get plenty of results.
    Hope this helps!

Please Register or Log in to view images