Jailbreaking questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Triggahhappy, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Triggahhappy

Triggahhappy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok well I know that there are no jailbreaks currently for the 2Gen Ipod Touch. I have a few questions about jailbreaking though. It sounds really cool to do, but i want to know more about it before approaching it.

There isn't a jailbreak for the 2nd Gen Ipod touch or for the Firmware that comes with it?

Are all jailbreaks the same for a specific Firmware version?(i.e. there is only one, or more than one but all the same, jailbreaks for 1.1.1 or 2.0?)

Are there any downloads that are required after you download the installer for the Ipod Touch, or can you just download anything you want for fun and mess around from there?

Are the downloadable apps/systems/games/etc. from the installer everything you can download after you jailbreak, or is there more from another app like the installer?
  2. breakkdown

breakkdown Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    no jailbreak for the 2G touch,
    there is a specific jailbreak for 1.1.1, 1.1.2, 1.1.3/4, and pwning process is used for 2.x
    yeah pretty much mess around from there,
    althogh youll be on 2.1.1 probably when a jailbreak appears, so as of now, youll want to use cydia rather than appstore.

i dont really understand your last question, but i think i have an idea.
    there are many different applications yoiu can download from cydia. alot of the same ones are in installer 4, so really you should only need one. if you have cydia AND appstore, then youll have access to a TON of applications.

By the way,
    it is best to search before you post.
    all the answers are contained in the forums somewhere.