iOS 3.1 Jailbreaking questions 3G

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by itouch(myself), Dec 16, 2009.

1. itouch(myself)

itouch(myself) New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hi sorry im new here but I have several questions and hope for some help.

Just got my ipod touch 3G, 8 gb from wal mart, literally havent even opened it yet. Anyways here are my questions

- since this is the newest ipod, is it safe to jailbreak using blackrain? ive heard jail breaking the 3g can mess your ipod up. is it 100 % safe?

- i read that it is only a tethered jail break. i planned to jail break it and then just always keep my ipod in sleep/stand by mode and never turn it off. my question is this bad for the itouch? will my battery life die quickly or is it safe to never turn it off and only keep it in sleep mode?

- i dont want to use themes I just want apps. my question is can I get the applications such as NBA league pass once i jail break it? and are all the apps available in the app store available for download for free with a jailbreak?

-does anyone on here have a jailbroken ipod touch, 3G, 8 GB? do u reccomend jail breaking it?
  2. b-mac 39

b-mac 39 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Question 1: Its absolutely safe to jailbreak with blackra1n. In fact, im using it right now!

Question 2: No, keeping it in sleep mode is perfectly fine for your touch. Havent even turned mine off since I jailbroke 6 months ago. Your battery life will be fine, just shortened a little bit by all the software from cydia/rock/icy.

Question 3: You can absolutely still download apps from the app store with a jailbreak. They will run perfectly just like normal.
  3. Fishy

Fishy Member

Device:
    iPad
    Welcome to iPod touch Fans! While you're here, why don't you read the http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72993rules?
    Yeah, it's safe, if you mess up you can just restore and try again.

It's safe, but eventually your iPod will crash and you will have to reboot... Then your iPod is gone and you have to re-plug it in to boot it.

This is piracy and is not appreciated here at iPod touch Fans. Please read the rules. If your question was can you still buy games from the App Store, yes you can.

Hope I helped.
  4. itouch(myself)

Device:
    3G iPod touch
  5. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

That's old. That was for the first version of blackra1n. But since the second version came out, 8gb 3G models were able to be jailbroken.
  6. itouch(myself)

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ok well thanks for all the help everyone

nobody here has a jb 3G?
  7. roshurwill

roshurwill New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    a jailbroken 32gb ipod touch 3g yeh i have one
  8. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Yea, most people on this forum with an iPod Touch 3G (8,32,64gb) are jailbroken, but there are those select few who can't live with it being tethered cause they might turn it off 10-20 times a day which could be troublesome.
  9. itouch(myself)

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    What is the point of turning it off? Is it important or neccesary, what are the advantages of it? Isnt sleep basically the same thing? I dont understand why u wud turn off your ipod jailbroken or not.
  10. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

I guess if someone wasnt going to use the iPod for a long period of time then turning it off seems okay but it actually uses more power to turn it on and off.