Jailbreaking Question

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by deleted account, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Alright guys.
    I'm still waiting until WinPwn comes out for 2.0 firmware. I have one question.
    If I jailbreak my 2.0 iPod with all my videos/music/pictures, will my data still be there? Or when I jailbreak it it will completely restore the iPod.
    Is there someway to backup the iPod so after I jailbreak it I can have my data still there?

Thanks!
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Pwning (jailbreaking) 2.0 requires a restore. However, all of your media is backed up on your computer (hopefully), and when you're on 2.0, iTunes is constantly backing up your iPod's drive.
  3. piratetom95

piratetom95 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    as long as u have ur data (music/videos/etc.) in itunes, when you sync it, it will all be there again. just make a back up in itunes to make sure all your settings,contacts, and bookmarks are put back on.
  4. mcarter7190

mcarter7190 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    if you're also worried about your jailbroken apps, well.... they are not going to work so it doesn't matter if they are deleted. my suggestion is(if this even applies to you) to save all of your roms on your computer so you can save some time trying to set up your emulators on 2.0 when they are all ported.