Jailbreaking Q's (On and Ipod Touch)

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Phosphine, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Phosphine

Phosphine New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok, so i'm new at this jailbreaking thing and i have a few questions.

• Is it Leagal?
    • What is the easiest way to jailbreak?
    • What are the risks of jailbreaking?
    • Is there a way to restore to defaults?
    • If i jailbreak what should i do and what souldn't i do?
    • Are emulators like NES legal?
    Thanks.
  2. neige2G

neige2G New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i think its legal...the easiest way to jailbreak is to READ A LOT OF POSTS and follow a tutorial and video together...dunno about any risks...but if any...everything can be restored to apples original firmware....if u jailbreak you should do everything u can..thats what its for..freedom(dont use illegal apps).....emulators legal? i dont know but doubt it
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Jailbreaking Q's (On and Ipod Touch)

Jailbreaking Q's (On a Ipod Touch)????
  3. duckboy

duckboy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes

I suggest cyw00d (or you could wait until a stable GUI comes out for the run rs method, which is a faster way of rebooting, but you can always switch to that without losing your stuff later.

For your next two questions, if something goes wrong you can restore back to default settings (look up how to do this). The only bad things that come wih jailbreaking are (possible) lag and less battery life (and obviously the fact you have to connect to a computer to boot, but if you don't know about that, you shouldn't really be jailbreaking).

Do whatever you want, just don't talk about cracked (illegaly obtained) apps on this forum.

Emulators are legal if you are playing a game you already own, I think.

Wow, just typed that all on me ipod 
    Anyway, hope I helped.
  4. Hindiann

Hindiann New Member

Is it Leagal? it is borderline. like u will not get in trouble for doing it, but it voids ur warranty unless u restore
    What is the easiest way to jailbreak? find a good GUI at the top of this forum
    What are the risks of jailbreaking? nothing, unless you mess with your ipod a lot. and even then the chances of doing anything serious are maybe 1/1000
    Is there a way to restore to defaults? yep its really easy u go into itunes and click restore lol
    If i jailbreak what should i do and what souldn't i do? do w/e u want. there are some limits imposed on this forum, but you should do whatever u want
    Are emulators like NES legal? not really its like the jailbreak
  5. flyingguitar

flyingguitar Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    * Is it Leagal?

for now

* What is the easiest way to jailbreak?

depends on what iPod you have

iPod 1G/iPhone 2G/iPhone 3G = quickpwn

iPod 2G = cyw00d

* What are the risks of jailbreaking?

none

* Is there a way to restore to defaults?

yes. plug into iTunes and click restore

* If i jailbreak what should i do and what souldn't i do?

tell apple

* Are emulators like NES legal?

only if you are playing a game you don't already own.
  6. dudeitsriley

dudeitsriley Banned

Is it Leagal? Honestly who cares

Please Register or Log in to view images

What is the easiest way to jailbreak? Depends if your running mac or windows

What are the risks of jailbreaking? There aren't many risks with jailbreaking. Oh and P.S. ITS NEAR IMPOSSIBLE TO BRICK YOUR IPOD!

Is there a way to restore to defaults? Standard restore does the trick

If i jailbreak what should i do and what souldn't i do? Not sure what you mean

Are emulators like NES legal? see my first answer

7. Brewstermax

Brewstermax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Emulators themselves are legal, the ROMs that you use in said emulators are not. No matter what. Nintendo had a press release somewhere about how even if you own the game, but didn't rip it yourself, it was still illegal. But regardless, nobody really cares do they?

It is completely false that downloading ROMs that you own is legal. It is not.
  8. Phosphine

Phosphine New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok cool, but if jailbreaking void your warranty with apple what happens if your ipod beaks while it is jailbroken and has to be taken in for repairs?

Info: PC and 2nd Gen Ipod
  9. duckboy

duckboy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Before you take it in, just find a way to restore it to original firmware.
    If you cannot, the most Apple can do is make you pay for the repairs I suppose.
  10. 560cool

560cool Member

so, it is illegal.but don't worry, apple only tries to scare us. the easiest way is by quickPwn. there you go: www.quickpwn.com. actually, the only risk is to be a fool and jaibreak. and u lose your warranty void, wich is pretty bad. but, let's sink that. the restore is returning to deafults. or downloading new firmware.well, you should grab a comfy place and search in cydia. firstly, get winterboard, SBSettings and bossPrefs. maybe some emulators, stacks and quickgold plus MxTube. i wont spoil any surprises, so go and search. and don't dare install installer. it will quickly crush your little iPod, 'cause it is a real scam.emulators are mostly legal. aye don't know wich are illegal.