Jailbreaking problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by awsm514, Feb 15, 2008.

1. awsm514

awsm514 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    alright do not think i am a noob for posting this but i have searched the forums many times for this problem but have not found a solution.
    for some reason whnever i try to jailbreak my 1.1.2 ipod that has gone through all the necessary steps like downloading oktoprep i do everything right but after it is done repeatedly restarting my ipod touch itdoes nothing and i tried restarting my ipod and everyrtthing but it still does nothing! can someone help me or tell me if i have gone wrong somewhere?
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    You're going to have to elaborate. What do you mean by "it does nothing"?

If you mean you get an error message when you open the windows.bat file, make sure all iTunes processes are closed (hit CTRL+ALT+DEL on keyboard, then hit the processes tab)

Please post more info so that you can be better assisted.
  3. awsm514

awsm514 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok i mean that my ipod does not autimatically restart with installer ... installed, and yes i did press CTRL-ALT-DELETe and ended all the processes but for some reason after it restarted a bunch of times i waited for a long time heard nothing else going on so i turned it on and found that installer was not installed and that nothing happenned. so i tried jailbreaking it again making sure that my password was set and that i had SSH checked of pressed the jailbreak key and then it restarted a whole bunch of times and yet again their was no installer however i could still go to that windows thing and jailbreak without worrying about downgrading to 1.1.1 and reinstalling oktoprep and stuff.
  4. awsm514

awsm514 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    well i guess it does not matter THAT much i thought i would just let you know what happenned and i will try and downgrade again and see if that works...
  5. vishalj

vishalj New Member

i have currently gone through the process of jailbreaking 1.1.1 and updating to 1.1.2, but now i cannot update the jailbreak as whenever i try to load the software, it starts but then tells me that my ipod is not connected and so it does not work. i have restared my computer, restarted the ipod touch and also reconnected it, yet i have got the same problem. is there any solution to this or is there another way of doing this?