Jailbreaking problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Murloc, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Murloc

Murloc New Member

Hi, Im new to jailbreaking and cydia (or whatever the name was) and I have been experiencing some problems.

Everytime I open Cydia it prompts me to "Upgrade Essentials" or do a "Complete Upgrade". When I click "Upgrade Essentials" it takes me to a screen where I must press "Confirm" and then the download starts.

After a second or two Cydia starts spamming me with "Host unreachable messages" over and over again and then the upgrade fails.

Once the Ipod even crashed when I tried to upgrade Cydia, what's wrong?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. shashanknegi

shashanknegi Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    your not connecting via wifi, therefore it can not reach the host ( in this case saurik's server )
  3. Murloc

Murloc New Member

Of course I am connecting via Wifi! I dont have any other way to connect to the internet on my Ipod. I use WifiTrack to find and connect with my Wifi.
  4. shashanknegi

shashanknegi Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    well something is wrong with the connection, or you could just rejailbreak with the jailbreak tool.
  5. Murloc

Murloc New Member

Maybe I have done something wrong, as I know nothing of jailbreaking (This is my first attempt ever). This is what I did:

First I downloaded the spirit jailbreaking program, connected my Ipod touch 2G to the computer and pressed the jailbreak button. After the program said "Jailbreak Success!" and the Ipod had rebooted I disconnected it from the computer, connected to my network through Wifi, went into Cydia and then I got the errors when I tried updating it.

This is all I have done, did I do it correctly?