iOS 4.0 Jailbreaking problems on iPod Touch 2G 8GB

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by neaped, Jun 21, 2010.

1. neaped

neaped New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi, you've probably got a bunch of threads like this but my problems are specific. I downloaded the new OS, only to find out that it was a complete waste of time. I hate it! The new features I've been wanting so bad didn't work on my generation iPod, so I became really frustrated. I figured I could get those features if I jailbroke my iPod. I've tried it a lot before, but I thought, new OS, clean plate, I can start over. But no. My iPod is freakin' handicapped. I've tried jailbreaking it with RedSn0w on 3 different computers (2 macs, 1 pc) and they all got stuck in the "rebooting" process after the jailbreaking. On OS 3, it did the same. What should I do?! I'm so angry with my iPod right now!!!

EDIT: also, the push notifications don't work. It has been like that for as long as I have it, but when I am in a foreign WiFi place it automatically shows a lot of push notifications!
  2. LiamCarbin

LiamCarbin Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Are you using the right version of redsn0w. Ive jailbrken my ipod touch 2g fine with no problems. Make sure your running it as an administrator (right click) if your on vista.
  3. neaped

neaped New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  4. rkrueger

rkrueger Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    as far as your push notifications--

make sure that your internet connection is not firewalled and that your router is not blocking the connection. i know when im at my school and on their wifi, push doesnt work cause they have it blocked.
  5. neaped

neaped New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Maybe my model is MC or something like that, can someone explain that?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Turns out I have an MC model, so I'd have to wait untill a new version of RedSn0w comes out??