JAILBREAKING PROBLEMS DONT STOP:( plzzz help

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Bballa786, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Bballa786

Bballa786 New Member

okay so it literrally took me a weeek to make a custom firmware from winpwn cuz i kept on getting errors, for 2.02 for the 1st gen touch

Now i finally have the custom firmware, i tried restoring it on itunes, and i got error 1604, to resolve the issue it says to turn of the computer and change usbs blah blah blah.

Didnt work, so i decidedto put the touch in dfu mode, and restore, i did tht, and i got error 1601, it says to uninstall itunes and reinstall it which i did.
    DIDNT WORK

So.. when i restore my ipod, it extracts the software, and it prepares for restore 2 times, and on the 3rd time it juss stays there until i get an error saying cannot restore
  2. super fly

super fly New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Did you try the thing to erase all data on the iPod under settings? Not sure if that will do anything except remove songs and apps but I guess it could be a shot?
    Otherwise I suggest plugging your iPod in, finding it under my computer, and try to format it from there, not iTunes. This could be potentially damaging (Maybe) so google it up first before doing it.
  3. SolarFlare

SolarFlare New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I would not recommend doing that.