Jailbreaking problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by IHeartMyiToy, Feb 27, 2010.

1. IHeartMyiToy

IHeartMyiToy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm having problems jailbreaking my iPod Touch. I have a 2gen 3.1.3 firmware. I downloaded redsn0w and that is where my problems begin and I'm pretty sure it's user error.

This is what happens. I downloaded redsn0w, saved, and extracted all files. When I open the file and click on the redsn0w application and hit run. I hit browse, but that's where I hit a brick wall. I cannot find the 3.1.2 file anywhere.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Is it something basic like I don't have my iTunes account open? Thanks!!!
  2. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    no you have to browse for the firmware on your pc. if you skipped 3.1.2 and never had it on your ipod, you wont find it on your pc.
  3. IHeartMyiToy

IHeartMyiToy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Is there anyway to fix it to get me back on track or am I SOL?
  4. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    youre gonna have to get the 3.1.2 firmware on your pc yourself. then go on with the redsn0w jailbreak.
  5. IHeartMyiToy

IHeartMyiToy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yay! I got it to work last night. Turns out, it was user error...I transferred my iTunes account to a different computer and that computer did not have the 3.1.2 file I needed. I found the file in my recycle bin on the old computer when I upgraded to 3.1.3. Thank you Apple for not deleting it immediately!

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i really hate it when it sends the firmware file to the recycle bin. happened to me twice and i didnt even upgrade.