Jailbreaking problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by guydie5, Feb 3, 2010.

1. guydie5

guydie5 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    My ipod touch 32gb 3g will not jailbreak. what happens when i try to jailbreak is that the screen turns blank and geohots face does not show up. i followed some trouble shooting thread on a diffrent website which told me to end all itunes processes and put blackrain in the root of Local drive C but that did not work.also My ipod has 3.1.2 firmware sooo does anyone know whats wrong?
  2. Airion

Airion Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Hmm. Try restoring it again, plug it into the computer, make sure all itunes processes are closed, push make it ra1n, and it should work. I dont know why it isnt working for you. If it doesn't work, list all the steps you are doing, (don't leave any steps out or i cant really help) and i will try to help you the best to my ability.
  3. guydie5

guydie5 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ok i will give that a shot but its going to suck taking the 300 or so podcast off and then just syncing them back on but thanks i did not think of that so i will give that a shot

Please Register or Log in to view images

------------------double post merged------------------
    oh crap that stupid 3.1.3 update... gosh thats annoying i dont think i should restore because it will upgrade and i heard of issues jailbreaking the 3.1.3 firmware.
  4. ipodholic

ipodholic Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    If you're using Vista,
    Right click on "blackra1n.exe" and select "run as Administrator".
  5. Nokiemens

Nokiemens New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah, running as administrator will almost always fix problems with Vista. That, and making sure your iPod is properly connected.
  6. guydie5

guydie5 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    thanks but i am running xp.....have there been issues with xp?
    also my ipod have been jailbroken before so it should work.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    LOL i found the problem i was connecting my ipod threw a usb extension and splitter cable. thanks everyone espescialy Nokiemens since your post reffered to usb connection.