Jailbreaking problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Makaveli96, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Makaveli96

Makaveli96 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I've been doing this for over 2 days. I've been attempting to jailbreak my iPhone 3G 3.1.2 with latest AT&T carrier update(and tried without updating the carrier) with blackra1n. Problem is, I start up blackra1n, click on the button 'make it ra1n', my phone goes into recovery mode(USB, Itunes logo) and just stays there while blackra1n says 'recovery mode...' the ONLY way to get out of recovery mode on my iPhone is to do a restore in which I lose completely everything. I've done this a numerous amount of times and no cigar. I even tried closing all itunes-related processes, airplane mode, WI-FI, copying the blackra1n application and running it in XP compatibility mode(on Vista), and as administrator, with itunes open, and every other freakin' method I could find, no luck at all. Any suggestions?

UPDATE: Now that I recently just restored my iPhone, blackra1n says its done. Wtf?
  2. jalexis4192

jalexis4192 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah, same happened to me, what i did was hold home and power (assuming you get stuck on the "Sync to iTunes" screen) until it powered off completely, and then made another attempt at the jb. Took me several tries, so don't worry, its normal, some people get it on the first, others like me, spend a while lol
  3. Makaveli96

Makaveli96 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Funny thing is, I tried it on XP and blackra1n does say it jailbroke, but I dont see the geohotz picture come up, so I have to re-boot myself. This is a real pain in the @$$...