Jailbreaking Problem ?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Chriswuk, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Chriswuk

Chriswuk New Member

POSTED BY: ChrisUK 2 hours, 32 minutes ago

Hi all,

I have an Itouch 16GB firmware 2.1, and I'm trying to Jailbreak it (v2.1).

I'm using Quickpwn (modified morphey version), and every guide I've read or watched on YouTube seems easy enough, but my Ipod isn't playing.

I have synced it with iTunes, opened Quickpwn, select the Itouch figure, select my firmware (both of which give me the green tick), then choose Cylia & installer.

The next screen should go through the steps of button presses to jailbreak, but mine gets stuck on the 1st step "wait for your ipod to connect in recovery mode". The thing is, it does connect in recovery mode (usb lead & the CD pic), but Quickpwn does not move onto step 2, it just hangs............

I then need to recover the iPod to get it working again.

I've seen a load of people have this problem on the net, but not found a solution

Please Register or Log in to view images

Any help appreciated............
  2. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

use the normal quickpwn version
    it will most likely work
    also try using a guide
  3. Chriswuk

Chriswuk New Member

I have used both versions, but they both hang when it says "wait for your ipod to connect in recovery mode".

Looked at all different guides, and it's not even hard to perform with Quickpwn - it seems that mine doesnt like it though.

Any other suggestions ?
  4. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

try a normal un jailbroken ipod touch to start
    then try quickpwn, from the dev team, and make sure you do everything perfectly
    that's all the advice i can give you
    good luck
  5. Chriswuk

Chriswuk New Member

Thanks for the reply.

My iTouch has never been jailbroken before, and I did try using the dev team one at 1st with no joy.

6. sotaku22

sotaku22 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Try pwnage tool. Quickpwn didn't like me so i had to try pwnage tool and it worked.

Is there really a difference between them besides restoring. They both do the same thing.
  7. Chriswuk

Chriswuk New Member

Tried restoring it via Itunes, but now getting a 1602 error when trying to put in restore mode - I'm assuming something is up here ?
  8. dashwood03

dashwood03 New Member

try to put your ipod to DFU mode first,

then try to restore it again.

if that doesnt work, tell us again.
  9. Chriswuk

Chriswuk New Member

Right, put it in DFU mode & restored it again via Itunes.

If i then try to use Quickpwn, I get exactly the same problem (hanging on the 1st step).

If i put the Ipod in DFU mode & then run Quickpwn, it lets me cycle through the steps, but at the end (before the jailbreaking step), it gives me an error message saying that the iPod is in the incorrect mode and is down to either not completeing the steps correctly (which I have done several times), or a fauty iPod USB cable (which it's not as it connects fine & i've restored through iTunes with it).

I shouldnt have to put it in DFU mode for Quickpwn though should I ? Shouldn't is just put it in recovery mode, I perform the steps highlighted to put into DFU, and then the iPod jailbreaks.

Really annoying me now as I know it should be a relatively simple process !!

What next ?

Cheers
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Any advice ?

Tried it with a new iPod cable with the same results.

It wont get past that 1st step unless it's in DFU mode before the process starts, BUT if it is in DFU mode & you perform the instructions (also tried leaving it while they run through), it gives me an error message to say it's not in the correct mode !!

10. Chriswuk

Chriswuk New Member

Can anyone suggest anything else please.

Getting deperate now, tried everything (QuickPWN normal version, QuickPWN Morphey version, 2.1 firmware from net, 2.1 firmware from the iTunes folder, 2 different USB cables, putting in DFU mode.....nothing works

)