Jailbreaking Observations, Ziphone and iLiberty+

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by kkoch499, Mar 31, 2008.

1. kkoch499

kkoch499 New Member

Ok, so about a week ago I decided I wanted to try out 1.1.4 since the jailbreaking was becoming very automated. Some quick background: I have pre-MacWorld 16GB Ipod Touch, that I jailbroke at 1.1.2, then soft upgraded to 1.1.3. I had bought the App Pack because I had some extra cash and wanted to.

I first tried Ziphone and had a couple of errors. The BSD error gave me some trouble, but I finally got over that hump. But then I started having some strange issues. I installed OpenSSH and it worked fine. But once I turned it off using Service or BossPrefs, I could never turn SSH back on. I've done a bit of research on this and haven't seen anyone else with this problem. So I kept trying. Restored, re-jailbreak, SSH, and it still does it. Then I start getting the keyboard locking up and Installer Main script errors. I tried clearing the queue, but it never worked. I restored and jailbroke with Ziphone about 10 times.

So, I finally tried iLiberty+ a couple days ago. And I'm having the same SSH issues. It works fine, until I switch it off. Then I must re-jailbreak to get it working. Services says its On, but I cannot connect. I have checked the permissions. I'm also having some Summerboard problems. I've installed the SMB theme fix, and checked the permissions. My themes show in the right folder and in SMB, and I can select them. But they don't show.
    It also seems like nothing in SMB works. I tried to turn off Dock Icon Labels and they don't go away.

I had much more success with 1.1.3 and am getting very frustrated with 1.1.4. Any help or suggestions would be very appreciated.
  2. hiflyer

hiflyer Guest

--------------
    This is for what it is worth:

I have 2 ipods. One 8gb and 1 16gb

The 16gb was jailbroken with ziphone 2.6b

The 8gb was jailbroken with iliberty+

One common thread with both ipods was immediately after the jailbreak, I did a refresh on the installer and then..... Installed the cydia packager, then the openssh from cydia. I did not nor will I install BSD subsystems as I believe that BSD is the cause of some problems with the jailbreaks.

To sum up: Both my ipods work perfectly... always have.

Good luck with yours
  3. Brooky08

Brooky08 New Member

for some reason, i just used ilibertyX with 1.1.4, and now my itunes says it cannot connect my ipod due to unknown Error. and when i turn on and off my ipod i see a usb thing and has an arrow on top pointing to the itunes icon. Someone help me please!

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. GrooveMachine

GrooveMachine Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You must have accidentally check "Activate" in iLiberty+. You should have only pressed "Jailbreak". This fix isn't too hard:

Step 1. Turn off your iPhone.

Step 2. Hold Power and Home button, the iPhone should now be boot.

Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but HOLD the home button.

Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you in restore mode.

That will let you restore your iPod fully. Hope this helps!
  5. kkoch499

kkoch499 New Member

Thank you for the response hiflyer.

I took your suggestion into account and reinstalled without BSD, but used Cydia. SSH now works fine, and Summerboard and started working. But now I can't seem to get Customize to work. I SSH'd the new version that Spicy put on his code.google.com page, and it shows up. But no settings are saved again. I checked the permissions.

Still figuring this one out..

Rep added hiflyer for the good suggestion.
  6. kkoch499

kkoch499 New Member

Ok, update: Added AppCat's repo and Customize worked from there. So far so good. Seems like BSD was the problem.
  7. hiflyer

hiflyer Guest

That is great news. Glad everything is working for you.
  8. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

Just to reiterate displeasure with BSD, I figured I'd throw in my 2 cents. I am a big fan of Cydia over BSD. I realize some do not like all the empty folders it creates in their file system, but I think that's a small price to pay for as much more stable iPod and more pleasurable user experience.
  9. hiflyer

hiflyer Guest

Mike, I could not agree with you more. Cydia has been my choice since reading an article by Jay Freeman (Saurik).