Jailbreaking Noobie.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by HeHateMe, Mar 13, 2008.

1. HeHateMe

HeHateMe New Member

Ok, so I have been browsing these forums for the past 2-3 weeks looking for a way to jailbreak my iPod touch 1.1.4. I am very interested in jailbreaking it, the only problem is, there is like 1000 different ways to do it. I got my iPod about 3 weeks ago, so it is one of the newer versions and it is on the 1.1.4. now, can anybody suggest a decent way to jailbreak it? I downloaded the ZiPhone app only to be told that it won't work on any new iPod touches. ANY help would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou

-Mike

EDIT:

Ok, So I think I successfully got the ZiPhone 2.6 update on my iPod. But now there's only one problem. I have no clue what the hell to do. Can anyone help me?? This is my first time jailbreaking so I am completely lost... Sorry, I really am a noobie.
    I clicked on the installer app and I suppose things should show up for me to download? But It doesn't seem like anything is here. It just has a few things when I click on the "sources" button..
  2. GarnetNGold

GarnetNGold Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    What size is your iPod.

And also there is only one way so far to jailbreak 1.1.4 and it is ZiPhone and it took you 2-3 weeks to find it?
  3. HeHateMe

HeHateMe New Member

It's a 8GB. ZiPhone is the only way to do it? Because I have found like at least 15 different ways to do it. That's the tricky thing, I don't know if any of them work though... Like ZiPhone seems to be the most popular, so that's why i DL'ed it. But I got a message saying it doesn't work on new 8GB ipods.
  4. hiflyer

hiflyer Guest

Zibri now has his ipod and found the problem with the ipod jailbreak. He promises a new version (2.6) soon. Stay tuned to www.ziphone.org
  5. HeHateMe

HeHateMe New Member

Do I have to restore my iPod before I can do the ZiPhone??
  6. hiflyer

hiflyer Guest

If your Ipod is on 1.1.4 then you should only have to download ziphone 2.6 (when available) and jailbreak it.
  7. HeHateMe

HeHateMe New Member

Oh thats awesome than, thankyou. How long do his updates usually take to be released? Like a week? A day?
  8. hiflyer

hiflyer Guest

I don't really know when he will release, but I am sure that it will be soon...within a couple of days. Just keep checking his web page.
  9. HeHateMe

HeHateMe New Member

Can anyone help me??
  10. tterminal

tterminal New Member

The 2.6 should be released in a couple of days i gues... unless u contribute to ziphone

Hold on for a couple of days