Jailbreaking noob:

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Kallen, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Kallen

Kallen Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    As I mentioned in my 1st post here, I am the new proud owner of a 1st gen. 16gb touch Ipod. I have looked at a lot of info regarding jailbreaking, and have a few questions:

1. First off, can I backup my Ipod, or can I only reset it with itunes? When I bought it, it was already upgraded to FW2.2. If I reset it with Itunes, will it lose that upgrade? (This is why i ask about backup..since I didn't originally purchase the upgrade, will i lose it in a reset situation)
    2. If I jailbreak, will i still be able to install from the AppStore?
    3. I don't totally understand how the installer.app works. Every post I have read says "once you get installer" etc. Once jailbroken, how do you get and install installer?

THANKS!!!
  2. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
  3. Kallen

Kallen Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Even tho the previous owner is the one who purchased the upgrade? So the Apple servers (online) have a record of this specific Ipod and knows it should have 2.2?

Thank you for answering my questions!!!
  4. Kallen

Kallen Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Thanks for the info. I got it jailbroken yesterday using QuickPwn. Was pretty straight forward once I got the firmware file downloaded.