Jailbreaking newbie, quick question...

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by smiller1, Mar 13, 2009.

1. smiller1

smiller1 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    First jalibreak on my 2.21 2G Touch with QuickFreedom, all went well (thanks, whoever you are..!)

My question is concerning package updates... is there any indication that an update is available for a given package other than manually comparing the currently installed and latest (Cydia) version numbers (i.e. is there something similar to the iTunes App Store 'Updates' page)? I see the 'Changes' tab on the Cydia Store but that appears to list every change in the Universe and not just what's installed on my unit so it's kind of impractical to wade through it all... am I missing something?

TIA,
  2. austen

austen New Member

Changes shows updates as well.
  3. smiller1

smiller1 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    OK, thanks, but just to confirm... it's up to the user to go to the 'Changes' tab and examine the listing of recent changes to all packages, looking through them for any packages the user might have installed? IOW, there's apparently no way to filter the list to show changes only to currently-installed packages?