Jailbreaking is scary :(

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xcdjy, May 10, 2009.

1. xcdjy

xcdjy Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I'd really like to jailbreak my iPod. I was thinking of trying redsnow 0.3, but I don't have a clue how to get into DFU.

Does anyone know? And also, what does the redsnow readme mean by 'Either connect the iPod in DFU mode to the computer...'? I thought to DFU< you had to be pugged in anyway.

Any help appreciated!
  2. erichuynh05

erichuynh05 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    When you are about to jailbreak it will show you how. And even if you mess up it will let you try again. When i was jailbreaking my friend's ipod touch 2g it was also scary. Dont worry nothing can go wrong, there is no such thing as a "bricked" ipod.
  3. It isn't scary, at least not when you realize how easy it is. And no you don't have to be plugged in to go into DFU. Just have it plugged in normally run redsn0w 0.3 and then it'll help you get into DFU mode.

It really is ridiculously easy.
  4. Ezekeel

Ezekeel New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    It is in the human instinct to be scared of things you do not know. Get informed what a jailbreak does and what you can do if something goes wrong and you will understand there is no risk involved at all, so nothing to be scared about.
  5. muffinza192

muffinza192 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    jailbreaking was origanally scary for me but as i learned i got better and now its not
  6. MadMoney

MadMoney New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    it isnt scary unless u know what u are doing
  7. pss

pss New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You CANNOT brick an ipod software-wise. You can even type "rm -rf /" in the terminal (basically Unix-talk for "delete every last thing") and all that should happen is that you can't boot. Restore in iTunes, and it's as good as new.

By the way, unless you want to restore, do NOT type that command. It really does erase every last thing.
  8. culater88

culater88 New Member

It's easy, I did it within 5 mins and this was my first time. Go on youtube, they have plenty of videos to walk you through. Good luck.
  9. hacker2021

hacker2021 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Just use the dev team's new automated tool.

Should be simple enough for the total noob, but also provides some in depth information as to what's going on during the jailbreak process.
    Keeps me entertained.
  10. ..'Ant'..

..'Ant'.. New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch