jailbreaking is lame...

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by BILLYBIBES, Apr 16, 2009.

1. BILLYBIBES

BILLYBIBES New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    First of all I appreciate the work that went into the jailbreaking. That being said all the sources and packages seem pretty lame and worthless. My first touch was the 2nd gen and all I heard was don't bother unless the dev team can come out with a jailbreak. I got one anyway and I loved it. I didn't want an iphone, but I liked many features it had. I was due up for a new ipod and this was perfect. Anyway, here comes the jailbreak, so I do it. I spent all types of time checking cydia out fully and found nothing cool, really. I was stoked on all the old school nintendo and such, but you can't really even play em with the touch buttons. Any ol' school video game player knows you gotta be able to feel the buttons. As well as hold one button while you press another. Wack. Pretty much unplayable to me. I have searched this site to find cool suggestions on what to get from cydia and like I said, they are all pretty dumb unless you are twelve. Not to mention my ipod just doesn't run as well. I just don't really get the hype about jailbreaking. It's an awesome device out of the box and I just don't see a reason to mess with that.
  2. TheTerminator

TheTerminator New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If jailbreaking isn't for you. Don't complain about it. Many people like it like myself. Try theming and customizing.
  3. franky_402

franky_402 New Member

I'm all about customization, five icon dock, five-column, dim icons, sbsettings, lockdown, i could go on. I dont think i can ever go without a jb device again. But its for some people and not for others
  4. Jibblejab

Jibblejab New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I like the emulators, they just take a bit of getting used to
    WinterBoard is ausome, themes like Safety not garrunteed make the ipod well... ausomer
    For people who dont have the deceny to pay, Cydia offers a way in which you can get cracked apps (Im not going to say anymore on the subject at all, If I have already said too much just edit my post)
  5. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)