Jailbreaking Is Dead

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Omega Chaos, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Omega Chaos

Omega Chaos Banned

As far as I can tell, even with PWNAGE 2.0 and all that. Jailbreaking is dead. Want a good reason? I have a few so let me hear what you think. So let me list them:

-------
    1. Why would serious developers want a cheap unreliable application with an unstable jailbroken OS? For that matter how could they even build an application without xcode? The frameworks are completely different!

2. Cydia/Installer does not allow charges for applications. Now I know there may be a few jailbreaking developers out there who are kind enough to give us free apps like Erica Sudan. But what serious developer is going to give their apps away for free meanwhile at the App Store, the experience is way better, and they can actually make PROFIT!

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. The whole experience is nicer on the App Store. Nuff said. The Apple way... is most of the time.. the right way.

-------

Let me know what you think. These were all solid points that need to be discussed.
  2. vbman213

vbman213 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Jailbreaking is far from dead!

Even after 2.0 gets into full swing, the jailbreaking community will still be lively...

The only reason why people would stop jailbreaking is if Apple allows for full file system access and the ability to install Installer.app
  3. Hiratai

Hiratai Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    No they don't. You've just made the millionth thread saying the exact same thing. Now, let me go play with my new 3G white 16GB iPhone.

4. Louis6321

Louis6321 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    ...but, why jailbreak when you've got the appstore??

yeah sure you can change the design of your ipod etc but apple will void all support and warranty you have for it.. so it's not really the best option
  5. Schei3e

Schei3e New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    one point you are forgetting is the restrictions in the app store, no emulators or customizing apps. Which most of us want, and i believe that is the reason why jailbreaking will not die.
  6. BroadStBullies

BroadStBullies Well-Known Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Uhh... Developers can still make apps for the Appstore but if 2.0 is jailbroken and all the apps work somehow then the developers can make apps for the appstore and we can still use apps that are already on installer.
  7. Omega Chaos

Omega Chaos Banned

Hey.. it's up to you. Possibly screw up your iPhone/touch and void the warranty with system mods or stay official and have beautiful applications that were made from the finest developers out there. Even thou it has restrictions, they are for the better because the average user doesn't know what he's actually doing to the phone.
  8. Mircix

Mircix Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    agree.
  9. MegaMan

MegaMan New Member

you know for all the bragging about the sdk the apps so far on the app store are pretty lame if you compare it to the current library on installer
    and all the pay apps are mostly 9.99 which is a bit too much to be spending on an ipod
    I will have both appstore and installer perfect
  10. Omega Chaos

Omega Chaos Banned

Did you not hear me by saying none of the Applications will work unless ported over to xcode and rewritten completely.. and not to mention apps will not work if the are not signed by Apple.

------------------double post merged------------------
    And the ones that are lame are basicly coming directly off of the jailbreaking community side. LOL. Just being honest. Like the light saber app, moo app and what not.