Jailbreaking is broken

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by JohnsonSmithy, Sep 27, 2008.

1. JohnsonSmithy

JohnsonSmithy New Member

It appears that my iPod doesn't want to be jailbroken anymore, but I can't quite find out why. I have been able to do it frequently without an issue each time I had reset to factory settings. However this time, when I tried using jailbreakme.com on the correct firmware, it didn't work anymore. The page to download installer.app would not load, or it would freeze, or just crash and not do what it normally does. Eventually I gave up on that site, and tried finding certain programs to automatically jailbreak it, like iDemocracy etc. I ended up updating the iPod to the 1.1.5 to have that program work, and the jailbreak still doesn't totally register. I used this other one, Ziphone, which also didn't work. Each time I am forced to restore it to factory settings because the iPod gets stuck in a repetitive process. Here is the line that the jailbreaking gets stuck on, as displayed on my iPod touch:

I/O Version: 0x0002
    Hardware Version 0x0012
    Mac Address: 00:1d:4f:e3:9c:49
    BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0

and that last line it gets stuck on and just keeps repeating over and over. I don't know what to do at this point, it feels like I tried everything, and it just won't jailbreak. The only thing I noticed was that when using one of the jailbreakers (I think it was iDemocracy), I remember the iPod as being read as already jailbroken or something. Not sure how this could be possible seeing as I restored it to factory settings. Any help on this issue would really be greatly appreciated.
  2. chadi

chadi Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I would recommend purchasing 2.1 (just 10 bucks) and then Jailbreaking 2.1. It pwns with the App Store.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. ryanlusk

ryanlusk Banned

what he said

Omg I'm in someones sig

4. chadi

chadi Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)

If you do purchase 2.1, use WinPwn to jailbreak(on Windows) or Pwnage(on Mac OS X) or you can use QuickPwn(universal)
  5. JohnsonSmithy

JohnsonSmithy New Member

The only thing is I'm not sure updating it will allow me to jailbreak anyways, because I updated from 1.1.1 to 1.1.5 and still nothing changed =/.
  6. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

These jailbreaks are so out of date and not supported, it's not even funny. Seriously, upgrade to 2.x and JB, it's so much better and the jailbreak is a hardware exploit, meaning that its there for everyone; no 1st gen is unjailbreakable on 2.x, where as some iPods could refuse software exploits.
  7. JohnsonSmithy

JohnsonSmithy New Member

Okay, so I upgraded to the 2.0 version software and now I'm having issues with WinPwn. I get to the part where it asks me to go into DFU mode, and occurs successfully. Then, after it's trying to setup my iPod to use costume IPSWs, it crashes each time. I also tried instead of the custom method, the QuickPwn method in WinPwn. Everything goes fine till it gets to the jailbreaking screen, which doesn't change for various minutes. My iPod loading screen has already changed, but I still don't have the installer.app there. What's going on? Any help is appreciated.
  8. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    i think that jailbreaking died with the 1.1.X firmwares
    but you know you can do whatever you want with it
  9. JohnsonSmithy

JohnsonSmithy New Member

Err actually, jailbreaking isn't quite out of my range.. I have done jailbreaking sucessfully for nearly a year now and it's only been recent that I've had trouble WHICH is why I'm asking for help. I don't need people telling me what my intelligence is, especially people that do not know me. All I ask if for someone who can help and it appears that if you can't give a helpful guide then you too don't know what you are doing.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Not to mention, I followed the steps exactly as given, so there is no possible way it's MY fault. Obviously there is something gone wrong with my iPod and I am asking for aid to figure out what.
  10. jieo

jieo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok so wuts so hard about following the steps in it?? but w/e umm wat exactly r u having a hard time with oh btw describe please...