Jailbreaking Ipod touch

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Sam Dougles, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Sam Dougles

Sam Dougles New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey guys I'm just new here and i haven't gotten my ipod touch yet but i will be getting it end of this month after my mid year exams. And i have been reading ALOT about Jailbreaking and what it does. I have a few questions.

1. What are the benefits of jailbreaking?
    2. Is it illegal?
    3. Is it true I can download pokemon gameboy games on the ipod touch after J/B?
    4. Will it make the ipod slower?
    5. Will the ipod lose more battery life?
    6. Is it risky to J/B i mean would something happen to my ipod?
    7. If something does happen can i simply fix it by restoring it on Itunes?
    8. Can i unjailbreak?
    9. If i unjailbreak would all the games (the non apple ones) and themes that i downloaded be removed as well.
    10. If i J/B it will it void the warranty? And if i unjailbreak it will the warranty be restored?
    11. And mainly is it worth it?

Sorry about all the questions just really curious to know if i should jailbreak it or not. I really want to know if it is safe. Please and thanks ;P
  2. Hackey_Sack

Hackey_Sack New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    1. Mostly, customization and extra features. People use it for pirating, but I won't talk about that...
    2. No, but illegal things can be done with it.
    3. Yes, but it's an example of something illegal.
    4. It can.
    5. Depends on what you install.
    6. It's almost impossible to brick an iPod. Back up your stuff and anything is fixable.
    7. Yup. EDIT: Well, 99% of things, you may have to go DFU for others. Still fixable, though.
    8. Yup.
    9. Yup.
    10. Yup and yup.
    11. For me it is, for others it's not. Try it out, see if you like it.
  3. Happyman7

Happyman7 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Sadly Apple, being the power-freaks they are, probably are going to/gave you an iPod with 3.1.3 firmware. This means that you will not be able to jailbreak. Sorry.

*Luckly, I got my iPod the first week of summer in '09, so mine came with 2.2.1 (or w/e) firmware.*

There is a pretty good chance that you will be able to jailbreak your iPod when (and if) the 4.0 firmware comes out, in April (with the iMaxipad) if you're lucky.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Hackey_Sack

Hackey_Sack New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well, Apple has no control over iPods that have already been manufactured, so if he gets it soon he has a chance at getting 3.1.2. Plus an 8 GB would let him use Coca Cola's method.
  5. BigD

BigD New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    true i was dumb enough to install 3.1.3 tho. i didn't know better know i have to wait since i don't want to wipe it.
  6. Sam Dougles

Sam Dougles New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok thnx guys for ur help but if they fo give me the 3.1.3 firmware I won't be able to get it back yo the 3.1.2 ????