Jailbreaking ipod touch 3g

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by soleaddict23, Jul 1, 2010.

1. soleaddict23

soleaddict23 New Member

I just got an ipod touch 3rd generation yesterday really late at night, an by the time I got back home it way too late, so what I did is just turn it on, but the Apple logo just came up than a picture of the itunes logo and a usb cable and the battery was too low so it turned off. Well, I didn't do any of that. I remembered about jailbreaking and here I am. I know nothing! about jailbreaking or anything like that, that's why I want to know the safest, best and easiest way of jailbreaking my ipod touch 3g. I havn't charged it yet, all I did was turn it on and it turned back off and that's it. I want to know what the risks are, what you can after you jailbreak it (possibilities, options, apps, etc.) and if theres anything you cant do, what those things are. I really know NOTHING on this you if you would please tell with super detail and step by step on what to do, and also if there are any technical words or anything that any common joe might not know. Please answer all my questions. Also, I saw that you can return your ipod touch to it's normal setting and what not, how do you do that too. Please help. I didnt go on any other thread because myt situation might be different and I dont know many things on this. Please help, thanks.
  2. ipitouchy

ipitouchy New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well, for starters, we need to know your OS.. as thats the most important part of jailbreaking.. basically.
  3. soleaddict23

soleaddict23 New Member

How do I know the OS? See I don't even know what is. What can I do, should do, can't do, shouldn't do to jailbreak it perfectly? How do I charge it? Should I connect with itunes? How do I not upgrade it because I saw that if it.s 1.1.3 I think that you have to downgrade it. Help!
  4. ipitouchy

ipitouchy New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Plug it into itunes and click on your device at the sidebar. It will show information, including the current OS.
  5. soleaddict23

soleaddict23 New Member

That won't upgrade it or anything?
  6. peebrian202869

peebrian202869 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    If its on 1.1.3 then no it cant be jailbroken Im just kidding with you!

Were on 4.0, but that cant be jailbroken, try to see if its on 3.1.3 then it can be jailbroken!

Definitely try not to upgrade and if it asks you to then ask us immediately!
  7. ipitouchy

ipitouchy New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yeah, just tell us what it says and we'll guide you through. If you find your OS then just say.
  8. soleaddict23

soleaddict23 New Member

I plugged it in just now, sorry for the delay, but the OS doesn't show up. Where is it?
  9. ipitouchy

ipitouchy New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    click DEVICES > iPod Touch at the side.

OS Should Appear.
  10. soleaddict23

soleaddict23 New Member

It didn't show up, but I checked the Ipod and it says version 3.1.3 (7E18). Also, all I did was download iTunes and let it charge for a bit. What do I have to do with iTunes and what shouldn't I do? Remember I know nothing about these things, please tell me with details. I don't want to accidentally do something dumb or somehthing I shouldn't do and than I can't jailbreak it or restore it back to it's original settings after I jailbreak it. Also, I don't have iTunes right now, I downloaded it fom another computer. Should download or it doesn't matter?