Jailbreaking iPod touch 2G to 3.0- PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by YoMommaSoFat, Jun 20, 2009.

1. YoMommaSoFat

YoMommaSoFat New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have a couple of questions about jailbreaking on a version 3.0 iPod touch with the latest edition of Redsn0w.

1) I already have a 2.2.1 jailbroken 2G. If I jailbreak to 3.0, will all my themes, jailbreaking apps, etc. still be there, or will I have to redownload all of them? If the new jailbreak will erase all my previous jailbreak data, is there any way I can back up my jailbroken files (themes, apps, etc.) so that they can be used on my 3.0 Jailbroken iPod?

2) Can you use the 3.0 jailbreak on the 2.2.1 device? Do you have to upgrade to 3.0 before using it?

3) Do you have to upgrade to iTunes 8.2 to jailbreak?
  2. Kayzo

Kayzo Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    1. You will lose your jailbroken apps and stuff because you have to upgrade to 3.0 first, which will delete all your jailbroken stuff. (What I did for my themes was SSH and copy them into my desktop).

2. You have to upgrade to 3.0 to use redsn0w 0.7.1. (for 3.0 ONLY). To jailbreak 2.2.1, use redsn0w 0.3, or QuickFreedom.

3. You have to upgrade it to get 3.0, so yes.
  3. YoMommaSoFat

YoMommaSoFat New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Is there any way to upgrade to 3.0 without losing your stuff?
  4. Kayzo

Kayzo Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    No because when you upgrade, you become unjailbroken, thus all your stuff goes bye bye.
  5. Carnage68

Carnage68 New Member

there is a way to save everything just ssh into it and copy the theme folder,etc (anything you want to save) onto your computer then just wait till its possible to jailbreak 3.0.then ssh everything back into your itouch.it should work by theory.lol
  6. Kayzo

Kayzo Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Yes, that is what I did.