Jailbreaking iPod touch 2G: RedSn0w or QuickFreedom?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iHacking Expert, Apr 30, 2009.

1. iHacking Expert

iHacking Expert Banned

The answer is QuickFreedom. I made this topic because fights are starting and I want to clear up why QuickFreedom is better.

1. QuickFreedom is safe. No viruses, no computer slow-downs, no iPod not working stuff.

2. QuickFreedom is quick. It took me 5 minutes to Jailbreak my iPod for the first time using it. It is easy.

3. QuickFreedom allows you to use custom boot and recovery logos. Before you Jailbreak, and even after you Jailbreak, without having to restore everything.

4. Trustworthy. When I first used Redsn0w, about 2 months later, my iPod got a white screen, then black screen with a spinning wheel for about 3 minutes. Then it died, I couldent connect it to my PC or to iTunes, so I had to buy a new one. Even if it is the unthether one now, I still would not trust them after that, the same thing happened to my friend.

SO, use QuickFreedom. Do what you want Redsn0w users, but if your iPod dies, I do not want to hear it.
  2. JoeyB

JoeyB Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Add a poll see which one gets more votes(if its for the one easiest to use it will be Redsn0w)
  3. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You are being ignorant, just because redsn0w did not work for you, does not mean it doesn't work for other people
    1.Redsn0w is the Dev teams official tool, I would trust it
    2. There is no need to restore with redsn0w, making it faster
    3. When you jailbreak with Redsn0w 0.3 you can use Logome, which changes the boot logo right on the ipod, no need to restore
    4. Look at Number 1
  4. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    1. Never had any problems with it at all. EVER.

2. Redsn0w is faster and you don't lose any information at all, so you don't have to re-sync everything.

3. You can do that with Redsn0w. Its called LogoMe to change your logo. And if you really wanted to change your recovery logo then SSH in and add it into LogoMe, or use redTool to change it fast.

4. Your dumb. Its called DFU that every ipod can ALWAYS get into, except if you mess with dual booting or sudo death command.
  5. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    The "iHacking Expert" has spoken.

Seriously if you prefer QuickFreedom that's great, but stop insinuating that RedSn0w somehow breaks your iPod. IT DOES NOT. That's the part where you are in the wrong. If your iPod messed up it was because of something else.

Some people prefer RedSn0w, some prefer QuickFreedom. Nothing wrong with that, but stop trying to push QuickFreedom on new users by putting down RedSn0w.

That is all.
  6. iHacking Expert

iHacking Expert Banned

No, I will not, I said that I made this because fights were starting adding a poll will start another.
  7. BMatt

BMatt New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    1. So is redsn0w. My computer is just as fast, and *GASP* no viruses!
    2. redsn0w is much quicker and more efficient, plus it saves all your music, apps, etc, without restoring from a backup.
    3. DO. IT. YOURSELF. Or use redTool.
    4.Your. Fault.
  8. iHacking Expert

iHacking Expert Banned

Im gonna agree with you, on some parts.

EVERYONE JUST STOP FIGHTING, IF YOU PREFER REDSN0W, USE IT, IF YOU PREFER QUICKFREEDOM, USE IT!

There is no point in arguing over it, we are all just gonna get in trouble.
  9. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Then why make a thread to start all this. You did this to yourself posting wrong information.
  10. Salamantis

Salamantis New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Fixed OP's post!
    The answer is redsn0w. I made this post because fights are starting and I want to clear up why redsn0w is better.

1. redsn0w is official and safe. No viruses, no computer slow-downs, no iPod not working stuff (except if you're a total n00b, but it comes with very easy to understand instructions, too!)

2. redsn0w is quick. It took me 5 minutes to Jailbreak my iPod for the first time using it. It is easy. DFU, double click, wait!

3. redsn0w 0.3 allows you to use custom boot and recovery logos. Before you Jailbreak, and even after you Jailbreak, without having to restore everything.

4. Trustworthy. When I first used Redsn0w, everything went smooth and quick. If I had screwed up, a simple DFU restore would have worked. Even if it is the unthether one now, I still would trust them, all my friends who have jailbroken iPods share the same opinion.

SO, use redsn0w. Do what you want QuickFreedom users, but if your iPod dies because you do something wrong, I do not want to hear it.

EDIT: I just realized that the OP is probably just trolling us. And we all fell for it lol. Anyways do what you want, but I'd rather trust an official tool by the people who made the jailbreak itself. And please don't blame human error on redsn0w and say that it crashes all iPods when you clearly see it's only you and a few other isolated cases.