JAILBREAKING iPod TOUCH 2G: Is it worth it, and how risky can it be?

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by kairokid2, Jun 21, 2009.

1. kairokid2

kairokid2 New Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Im just about to download the 3.0 update for my touch. I have thought about jailbreaking my touch for quite a while, but have always felt it was too risky to do on such a fragile, expensive device. Here are my questions:

What does jailbreaking do, and how risky can it be?

What is the best way to go about jailbreaking it? (Best Videos, websites to follow)

How easy is it and what benefits do you receive from jailbreaking it?

After you jailbreak it, is it possible to restore your touch, therefore unvoiding your warranty and making it as if it was never jailnbroken?
  2. XxdudexX

XxdudexX New Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Jailbreking lets you mod your iPod, customize it and stuff. There are some minor risks but nothing that the Restore button can't fix.
    I personally never had any problems.......Except the Contacts not working but that was on 2.2 firmware it's working again on 3.0 yay *_*

The best way to know about jailbreking is searching in Google, YouTube and here.

The 3.0 jailbreak is super easy, took about 5 minutes. And the benefits as I said modding and stuff.

After the Jailbreak no problem in restoring, just make a back up first and you're golden.