iPhone 3GS Jailbreaking iPhone 3GS 3.0.1

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dnmch, Sep 26, 2009.

1. dnmch

dnmch New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hi,

Recently my friend bought a 3GS from his local Telco service that comes with FW3.0.1. Since i have experience jailbreaking my iPod Touch. He's now desperately asking me to jailbreak his 3GS. I've done googling 2 days. And it is so confusing.

There are this iBEC iBSS and ECID that we need to capture. Can u tell me the exact way to jailbreak his 3GS as he is really desperate for it.

My personal idea after googling is 1st change the host file in my windows. then use iBEC and iBSS Grabber to capture the files by following the guides. Lastly, use redsn0w and ultrasn0w to jailbreak and unlock.

Is this the correct way to do it. Please point me if im wrong. Thanks in advance.
  2. iptman

iptman Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  3. dnmch

dnmch New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Of course i've read that too. I just wanna know whether my method is correct. Am too a follower of this forum. I've collected everything and wanna make sure here. As i dun wanna ruin ppl's iphone. I know jailbreaking is easy. i just have to follow the steps through redsn0w, all im concern with are the iBEC IBSS and the ECID! Whether it is a necessary steps to follow because so many forums mentioned about it and am confused what to do.
  4. iptman

iptman Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  5. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Follow the guide, then open Cydia and there will be an option to register and save an ECID for the phone.
  6. dnmch

dnmch New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    @iptman thanks at least for the input

@awal i thought the cydia have closed registration after the 50,000 of users