iPhone 3G Jailbreaking iPhone 3G 3.1

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ramrodtm, Oct 20, 2009.

1. ramrodtm

ramrodtm New Member

Hi, my friend asked me to jailbreak his iPhone which is on firmware 3.1. I tried restoring using the iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore file but after the entire process, an error message appears and says that it could not be restored. Should I restore using the 3.1 restore file or is there any other way I fix this? Help is greatly appreciated.
  2. RoYaLx

RoYaLx Member

Device:
    HTC One
    Which version of iTunes are you using? I think the most recent iTunes will not allow you to downgrade.
  3. ramrodtm

ramrodtm New Member

I am on iTunes 9.0.1.8
  4. Gershmer

Gershmer Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    For some devices it won't.
    I can go between 3.0 and 3.1.1 on my 1G even without DFU or Recovery Mode.
  5. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    I've been able to downgrade fine? I have the latest version on my laptop, you just have to put it in DFU mode first.

They need to let you downgrade, because when I called Rogers about my random shut-down issues on 3.1.1 they told me to downgrade until 3.1.2 was released, 3.1.1 had a glitch that caused random shut downs and such.

If anything like that happens in their software updates or even more serious problems, they're gonna need to let the software let us downgrade. Now, to an unofficial or "pwned" firmware, that might be blocked, they might check the firmware or something to see if it's legit... But in all ends, Apple has to let us downgrade. Downgrading is the solution to many problems, that's for sure!
  6. ramrodtm

ramrodtm New Member

Right now my iPhone is in what iTunes calls "Recovery Mode." It just shows the connect to iTunes thing on the screen of the iPhone.
  7. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    First you say iPod and now you say iPhone, which one is it?

Either way. Is it showing up in iTunes?
  8. ramrodtm

ramrodtm New Member

Oh dang sorry about that. It is an iPhone. Yeah it shows up on iTunes saying that the iPhone is in recovery mode and must be restored. It shows the device screen but the only thing I can click is Restore.
  9. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Yeah, how did this happen?

Do you have a pwned firmware or something?

I'll stay on and help you through this, so you can get back to texting the ladies.
  10. ramrodtm

ramrodtm New Member

No the iPhone was not jailbroken. I plugged it into iTunes and hit Shift+Restore and selected the iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore file. When it appeared to be finished, iTunes popped up with a message saying that the iPhone could not be restored. A new message then pops up saying that I have to restore in order to proceed. I then tried sh*t+Restore again and the same thing happened. Should I just hit restore without pressing the Shift key and let it do its thing?