Jailbreaking iPhone 1G/2G 3.1.3 Issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rawfuls, Apr 15, 2010.

1. rawfuls

rawfuls Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Had a friends iPhone with me last night, did a FakeAPN, gave it back to him, he tried the sim card, and he said it wanted him to activate via iTunes Store (he's using a legitimate AT&T sim card).

I tried jailbreaking for him, just for the experience, but it would always freeze up while redsn0w is running, blackra1n, or sn0breeze, would never actually reboot, so I have to force restart it back to the normal home page.

Of course, I told him bring it right back, and I'll take another whack at it. Should I attempt to restore it, since it's a 1G/2G (what's the difference?), and should be jailbreakable, for life?

Any input?
    I'm gonna attempt to redsn0w 0.9.4 w/ 3.1.3 firmware, FakeAPN it, then try activating (should this work?), if it fails jailbreaking, going to try FakeAPN, then attempt activating.

Need help here guys!

Basically, my friend has no data plan, doesn't wish to pay for one, acquired the iPhone from his sister, and wishes to use it just as a calling phone w/ iPod and such.

It's on 3.1.3 Firmware, unsure if it's the 1G/2G model (silver backing... original iPhone..), has a 04.05.04G (I think) baseband, and has a legitimate AT&T sim card w/o data plan.