Jailbreaking Info

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Reaper2794, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Reaper2794

Reaper2794 Banned

Hello guys.

I own a 2nd Gen 16GB iPod Touch.

Now I know the 2nd Gen cannot be JB'd yet but I am hoping you guys will answer my questions.

For the morons who want to yell at me for not searching or making a new thread blah blah can just click Back now.

Here are some of my questions

When you Jailbreak, WHAT makes your battery drain faster? Does the processor work harder? Is it just because you might have more apps open at once? Obviously there might be complicated apps that take up power but Jailbreaking alone does not affect your battery power if I am correct.

When you Jailbreak, do you feel like you have to restore every here and then? I keep hearing people restore their iPods/iPhones and it seems unnecessary because there shouldn't be any problems that the JB causes right?

Is everything in Cydia and Installer free?

How do "source codes" work?

Do Installer and Cydia have different apps? I heard Installer sucks.

How many themes are there? It seems like there are millions. Where can I get some real good ones? Post as many links as possible!

Why do people want JB just to customize? I'd put it to it's full use with Emu's and VNSea and all that. Aren't there sh*t loads of apps?

When there is a new firmware and a JB out for it, how do you upgrade? Do you need to restore, upgrade and JB or what? What is the whole process?

What does customize let you do? What can you customize? Be as specific as possible! Post screenies!!

I am plannin to JB on 2.2 and not a lower firmware? This is alright yes?

How many apps can you put into Stack?

What are some MUST HAVE applications?

I am planning to get all the emulators, VNSea, Stack, Customize, Cydia and Installer.

Post as MUCH info as possible.

Any suggestions, tips, ideas, warnings and so forth are appreciated!!

~ Reaper ~
  2. SolarFlare

SolarFlare New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The battery doesn't really drain faster. MobileSubstrate occasionally needs a boost, though.

You don't always have to restore.

Cydia and Installer are free.

To upgrade you just use iTunes and then re-jailbreak with QuickPwn.

Customize doesn't do anything anymore.

2.2 is optimal.
  3. Reaper2794

Reaper2794 Banned

I know Cydia and Installer are free. Are the apps WITHIN in free? Are they ALL free?

Don't tell me Customize doesn't work... How does it not work??? They didn't screw it up did they?????

Also, what is MobileSubstrate?
  4. SolarFlare

SolarFlare New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yes, but one or two cost, but they aren't anything special/
    Customize died. It no longer works. PERIOD. When you launch it, it crashes instantly.
    MobileSubstrate is a plugin code which allows people to code 'enhancements' to add to their device.
  5. Reaper2794

Reaper2794 Banned

How the hell does Customize die...

Can't the developers fix it..

?????????

Also, can others answer my other questions? Thank you

Also, what is the difference between Tap Tap Revenge and Revolution?

I heard you can play your own songs? Is that true? To what extent? What else can you do?
  6. breakkdown

breakkdown Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    As far as I know/ from experience, jailbreaking does not decrease your battery life to a noticeable level, at least, in my perspective.

No, you wont have to restore alot, because as long as you aren't totally clueless and reckless about what you are modding and installing, you'll be fine. The only times i have had to restore, were when i was updating firmware, and once because of the SWOD, and this was a stupid move that i made by accident.

most of it is free, all themes are free, there are just a few exceptions of games that wont work unless you input a code..

You search the internet for cydia OR installer sources (one will not work on the other) and you input them into the app. It will allow you access to a greater amount of applications from different hosts.

They have some different, and some the same. Installer doesnt suck. It used to be the one and only application, and gave access to ALL apps. Everyone loved it because it was the only waay to get new applications and make the ipod fun. Once the AppStore came out (which i believe that apple researched installer, and made their own version of it) but anyways, you needed FW 2.x to have appstore, so everyone was updating, as the sources for installer were being constantly taken down. cydia came to the new firmware first, so naturally there are more apps in it now.

once into cydia, just browse the themes folder and choose ones you like.

Yes, you need to restore, then update, and re-jailbreak

customize isnt as big on the new firmware as it was the old one. Now winterboard is used for most of the customization.

yes.

I am not sure

winterboard, MIM, MxTube, emulators, flashllight, macman

well then, I hope that I helped you.
    I had a lot of questions before I fist jailbroke.

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. Reaper2794

Reaper2794 Banned

Yea I was gonna get MxTube too I forgot bout that.

I was wondering how good the quality is?

I change the format of my YouTube vids fo it's fmt=6 on YouTube (I think it's flash but that might be fmt=18) and I download it with RealPlayer. Then I convert it with PSP Video 9 on the highest quality possible so is MxTube any good?
  8. SolarFlare

SolarFlare New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It's decent. Not the best or the worst.
  9. breakkdown

breakkdown Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    who the heck cares?
    just be greatful that there is an app like this, provided to you for FREE
  10. Reaper2794

Reaper2794 Banned

Lol stay out of it moron.

I am grateful. I was asking the quality.

God you people are idiots