jailbreaking illegal

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by that one guy, Mar 2, 2009.

1. that one guy

that one guy New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    if this happens, do you think they'll go to sites like this and find out who has jailbroken devices and bust us?
  2. ipodtouchesrule

ipodtouchesrule Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I don't know, from my guess yes. But only time will tell.
  3. flips30240

flips30240 New Member

im very doubtful. that would really suck if they did, if it becomes illegal jujst change the jailbroken status to not jailbroken
  4. Tom_L222

Tom_L222 Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If apple do that they won't have much look. For example on this site just setting your preferences to "2.2 Jailbroken" isn't enough evidence for Apple to get you.
  5. flips30240

flips30240 New Member

thats plenty of evidence. in my opinion anyway

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. kzr22

kzr22 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    they wolnt do that in the same way they dont arrest everyone who uses limewire!
  7. Vesper

Vesper Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    quoted for truth
  8. __Coburn__

__Coburn__ New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    lol i doubt it, if they really wanted they could check our itunes, which may be more of a clearer indication as to who has jailbroken etc.
  9. MegaIpod

MegaIpod New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Guys calm down! There not looking for you! They are looking for people who supply the Jailbreak. Plus the people who give out cracked apps.

This might help you sleep at night.

Apple, will have to pay some money to get a Warrent to see if you have Jailbroken your device right? Well, how are they gonna ban 50% of the population on Jailbroken Phones and Touches. It would suck up all the lawsuit money! They are also in so many lawsuits they cannot afford to do so.

Maybe that will help you. We will have to see if they will do anything.
    I don't know, maybe they will pass the law. But I highly doubt it. Even if they do pass the law just unjailbreak you're iPod or iPhone.

I don't think so. Check iTunes when you go to update, see if it transfers data from your iPod or iPhone and if it sends it to Apple.

Also if Apple, really wanted to stop Jailbreaking they would have changed the Username and password for sftp.
  10. sjleworthy

sjleworthy New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    yup. by sounds of Apple's concerns they're not interested in the mass bulk (ie, you and me (ok, well not me

Please Register or Log in to view images

) but more concerned with peeps who directly make financial gain from jailbreaking.

they cant hope to and wont prosecute the general jailbreaker. they'd not have the technical, logistical or financial backup to do so, let alone the inclination. Besides, if not jailbreaking is that important to them they'd completely prohibit the hacking of the system in the first place, which they could quite easily do if they really wanted (which they dont do now).

The biggest worry joe public got is individual isp's who are more and more starting to clamp down on our internet download usage. more and more are starting to monitor what we're doing and more and more are starting to prosecute little johnny in his bedroom because all he does is downloads movies and games illegally. But even this is a long way off from becoming a major concern me thinks.