iOS 4.1 Jailbreaking history

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by swisstony, Sep 30, 2010.

1. swisstony

swisstony New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    A few weeks ago on this site I saw a guide showing the history of sn0wbreeze, blackra1n, SPIRIT, Pwnage, etc. who developed what and why and what iPods they were applicable to, etc.

I have searched and cant find it anywhere. In the comments to that message someone said it should be a sticky.

Any ideas where it is?

To me the whole jailbreaking thing is confusing as there are different 'types' of jb tools doing different things. Some tools you cant use with others and all that.

I'm starting to understand tethering, DFU, etc but after trawling the site for a good few weeks now still dont know whether I coming or going.

If someone can point me to the relevent 'bits' of inormation I'll try to put the definative guide together (and maintain it) myself. The jailbreak matrix is good but doesnt give the complete story.

However, if that guide already exists it should be number 1 sticky on this site and please let me know where it is.

Sorry in advance if this annoys anyone but I've searched against loads of strings.

Swisstony
  2. Relapse

Relapse Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The iPhone Wiki has it all, look it up my friend.
  3. swisstony

swisstony New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    thx replapse

i was focussed on this site as its really really good and lost sight of the rest of the world!!!

Wow .. all that info, I'll be awake all night.

thanks again relapse.
  4. Relapse

Relapse Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch