jailbreaking help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Master Dover, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Master Dover

Master Dover Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    BASIC INFO:
    alright guys so my friend gave me his ipod to jailbreak and told me that he wanted it to be on 4.1 he also told me that is itouch was 3rd gen... he had jailbroken it previously on 3.1.3 and had saved his SHSH blob i plugged his ipod into the computer and restored to 4.1 no problem at all...

Problem:
    when i went to jailbreak with limera1n it went through the process normally UNTIL the end, it said done but the ipod just booted up normally with no limera1n app on the screen, i reeboted and still nothing, so after some troubleshooting i plugged it into forecast thinking it might be able to help it said that it was a 2g MC model... so i thought what the heck ill just jailbreak using redsnow, so after following the redsn0w instructions it just gets stuck at this screen:

Please Register or Log in to view images

so i NEEEED SOME HELP!!!! i dont know what i am doing wrong!

thanks in advance,
    Master Dover
  2. ShinyPants

ShinyPants New Member

redsn0w 9.6 took me like 5 tries (Having to restore each time) to get working on windows.

Restore and try greenpois0n if it IS a 3rd gen. How many gigs is it?

If it's 8GB it's not a 3rd gen, it's a 2nd gen MC, in which case you will have to wait for greenpois0n to be updated with 2nd gen support.