Jailbreaking Help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by farahm2, Feb 25, 2009.

1. farahm2

farahm2 New Member

Hey there people, just got my iphone 3g. I want to jailbreak it but i have a couple of questions first.
    1. Is the quickpwn thing an app for the iphone? or a computer program?
    2. What happens if there is an update for the iphone firmware and the phone is jailbroken? Will it mess up?
    3. What happens if something messed up because of the jailbreak? Is the iphone broken forever? Or will a simple restore fix everything?

And please, if there is ANYTHING that you think i should know before jailbreaking, PLEASE tell me!
  2. Ceejay_1

Ceejay_1 New Member

im just about to buy an iphone this friday 27th feb, so answers to these questions would be appreciated
  3. ipodtouchesrule

ipodtouchesrule Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It is a computer program that you can run on both Mac and/or PC.

Yes, if you will lose all of your jailbroken data. However there are many ways to save your apps. Also none of your orginal iPod data will be lost.

YOUR IPOD CAN NEVER BE BRICKED! (Broken forever) There's always a simple way to fix it.

Jailbreaking voids your warrrenty. Jailbreaking is wonderful.

Hope I helped. Oh and welcome.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. farahm2

farahm2 New Member

Thanks for the reply.
    Just a couple of more questiosn

(trust me i know its annoying, but im THIS close to being ready to jailbreak the iphone)

Okay so you said that when there is an update available for the iphone, that all the jailbroken data will be lost. Does this include music on the ipod as well? And what is the way of saving my apps that are on my jailbroken phone? Also, when i jailbreak for the first time, does it format my iphone? Do i lose everything or is that data that was originally on my phone stay on it once jailbroken?
  5. ipodtouchesrule

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I don't mind at all.

No this does not include music, videos, photos, App Store apps, contacts,etc.

You can use Aptapps for ONLY Cydia apps. Or you can SSH into your iPhone and copy all of your apps.

No, but I would go backup all of your stuff via iTunes. Just in case something does go wrong, and you have to restore.
  6. farahm2

farahm2 New Member

Thank you very much, ipodtouchesrule!

I believe i am ready to start the jailbreak process!

once again, thank you for your help! Hopefully the other newbies like me will read this thread and have their questions answered as well.

Cheers!

EDIT:
    Hey there, i have a little problem. I was jailbreaking my iphone (well i never really got to the jailbreak step. I restored my iphone, because the guide i was following told me to do so) So anyway, i have my fresh iphone, and im ready to jailbreak it. So i click on the QuickPwn program and try to open it. Instead of it opening, i got a window that popped up saying:
    "QuickPwn has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I was using the QuickPwn that i download from the guide, so i tried going to the official QuickPwn website and downloading the latest windows version from there. Same thing. Got the same message. Do you have any idea of whats going on here?
  7. ipodtouchesrule

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'd try rebooting your computer first. If that doesn't work download here.
  8. farahm2

farahm2 New Member

Nice, Iphone is jailbroken and ready for anything! Thanks!
  9. ipodtouchesrule

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    No problem. Happy jailbreaking.

10. jmanprousk

jmanprousk New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    GET CYCORDER!!!
    I wish I could, but if you'll take a moment to look at my device (iPod) SIGGGHHHH!!!