Jailbreaking Help (I'm New)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by YoMommaSoFat, Dec 23, 2009.

1. YoMommaSoFat

YoMommaSoFat New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have a 2nd generation iPod touch (8 GB) and at this moment I have 3.0 firmware but I want to update to 3.1.2 via Blackra1n.
    I have a few questions:

1. When I jailbreak, all my current music will be deleted off my iPod, correct? If so, do I just resync the music from my iTunes library or do I have to download the tracks all over again?

2. What will happen to my current Winterboard themes?

3. Will my current apps that I purchased from iTunes be deleted off my iPod? If so, do I just resync my iTunes app library or do I have to manually download each app all over again?

4. If I resync the apps, will my progress in the games be saved? Or do I have to start a new game?

5. When I'm done jailbreaking and iTunes pops up, do I select to "Set up as a new iPod" or "Restore from the back up of <Your iPod's Name>"?

Thanks!!
  2. The Burrito

The Burrito New Member

1. Yes, you will lose everything. You can just restore it from your old backup and it will all magically reappear.
    2. You will lose all your winterboard themes. You can ssh them off your iPod and ssh them back on after you re-jailbreak if you want.
    3. All apps will also be restored when you restore your iPod from your old backup.
    4. You will have to start a new game.
    5. You restore from your old backup.