jailbreaking friends iPod

Discussion in 'iPod touch January App Pack (iPhone Apps)' started by datsyuk, Feb 18, 2008.

1. datsyuk

datsyuk New Member

Just wondering how these apps really work because tomorrow I'm gonna get my buddy's iPod and jailbreak 1.1.3 for him. He's got an 8 gig and I plan on going with the ZiPhone way which worked on my own iPod. Now he purchased the apps on his computer and now when I jailbreak it will they disappear? Should I install the apps from a repo or will him plugging it into his computer sync and put them back?
  2. Nickll9009

Nickll9009 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok -

1- if he's on 1.1.3 just jb it for him if he's not then update/restore him up to 1.1.3 then jaillbreak with ziphone

2- Sync it with his compter signed into the same account tht he bought the apps on

3- That should put the apps back on if not add - http://ipodtouchmaster.com/files/repo.xml- to your sources list refresh, download, install, respring

4- There ya go!
  3. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It does not matter what computer you use. The apps are synced to the SERIAL NUMBER of the iPod Touch, not the account.
  4. datsyuk

datsyuk New Member

what i was looking for, thanks to both of you.
  5. Nickll9009

Nickll9009 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    your welcome

and ummm.. no it isnt because i bought the apps on 1 computer and then synced it with another after restoring it and no apps...