Jailbreaking Experiences

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by Brooklynn, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Brooklynn

Brooklynn New Member

I just got my iPod Touch last Wednesday and have been looking around at all the cool themes and apps you guys have put on your iPods. I see that you had to jailbreak them to do it and I was thinking about doing it too. I'm just a bit nervous to do it because I don't want any problems on my brand new iPod. I've seen so many people say that these things went wrong...is there any way to do it so it doesn't mess up your iPod? The only real reason I was considering jailbreaking mine is so I can change the background and icons.
  2. dahitman

dahitman New Member

Well Right Now The Most Stable Jailbreak Is The Firmware 1.1.2 And People Who Are On That Firmware Dont Seem To Be Having Any Problems With It. 1.1.3 And 1.1.4 Are The Firmwares That Arent That Stable. But If U Only Want Summerboard Wich Is The App To Customize Your Ipod Themes Then U Can Use The 1.1.4 Ziphone Jailbreak.
    Just Search For Ziphone Here In The Forums
  3. weirdwilli

weirdwilli New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Im using 1.1.4 which works fine, fast and surprisingly stable as 1.1.1 is horrible and always crashing.
  4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    If you get some assistsance 1.1.4 is quick, easy and stable. People who can't seem to do the jailbreak may try and convince you otherwise.
  5. Brooklynn

Brooklynn New Member

Oh okay...thanks so much! I'll look it up so i can figure out how to get summerboard. What's the difference between summerboard and customize though?
  6. slAsh

slAsh Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Hey Brooklynn,

Like most things in life, experiances vary between people.

Personally, I jb'd to 1.1.1 and all was great. I just recently went to 1.1.4 using ziphone on a mac and that went even better.

Like you, I just wanted to dress up my ipod and maybe get some PDA functionality without messing it all up.

So far, I'm happy. It's an amazing device after the jb. The only way to find out is to research and go for it.

Please Register or Log in to view images

/
  7. slAsh

slAsh Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Customize (for 1.1.1-3) allows you to change battery status icons, move icons around on the springboard and change the lock slider sort of stuff. Summerboard allows you to change the theme of your ipod......background, icons etc.

I don't think there is a customize for 1.1.4 and I don't really miss it cause with "wiggly icons" I can rearrange anyway and I didn't use it for much more than that.

You will need the Summerboard fix for 1.1.4 though to get it to work properly.

Feel free to PM me if you want some help

/
  8. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Customize works fine and you don't need a Summerboard fix for 1.1.4. You do need to use the 1.1.4 Compatibility Patch for the install on Customize but can remove it when done.
  9. slAsh

slAsh Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Ok....for clarity sake then jpga13,

Did your SMB operate as it did before you ziphone jb'd? or did you need to patch the permissions tweak.

Again for clarity, I was not aware of a patch for Customize. Sorry for the mis-info Brooklyn.

Cheers,

/
  10. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    You question isn't very clear as I would not have SMB before I jailbroke. I use no patches for Summerboard but sometimes I do change permisions on some themes but not with any patch.