Jailbreaking Display Units

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by TSOnTheDrums8892, Nov 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TSOnTheDrums8892

TSOnTheDrums8892 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I want to do this at my local Apple store, but can you get in trouble for it? Is there like a "You Break it you buy it policy"?

I would rather do this on something thats not mine first (<< that sounds bad) just so I can confirm that it works and everything.
  2. Masky64

Masky64 New Member

Taking their iPod Touch from the display case and asking them to use their computer is very suspicious, isn't it?
  3. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

There was an automatic jailbreak that came out a week ago that does everything on the iPod. It installs the installer.app and summerboard.
  4. Masky64

Masky64 New Member

Almost forgot about that, but isn't it a bad idea to jailbreak a demo touch?

And I heard that the new jailbreak methods don't work properly, this means a chance the demo iPod might screw up. Like they always say, You break it you buy it.
  5. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

The new jailbreaking methods do work, some people just do not know what they are doing. I don't know if they have a "You break it you buy it" policy, either way I don't know if it is a good idea.
  6. Masky64

Masky64 New Member

And the store workers might kick you out too, and you would probably be not allowed to visit that store again.
  7. JustinCarpenter

JustinCarpenter New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Manipulating or destroying demo units in a store can get you arrested. My friend works for Apple and I asked him about it. Just goto a reliable site and follow the jailbreak instructions carefully. If you do exactly what it says and give it some time, it will work 100%.
  8. Masky64

Masky64 New Member

Exactly. The demo iPods isn't your property. Just jailbreak your own iPod. It worked for me, it should work for you too.
  9. ipodtouch1234

ipodtouch1234 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    the slovix one works, but jailbreakme.com works, but some have issues, as they have no Idea what they are doing.
  10. planetbeing

planetbeing New Member

You have thousands of people willing to attest that it works. Why do you need to engage in vandalism? If it happens to not work, it's just going to be because of the vagaries of your own individual situation, and doing it on the demo unit is not going to prove anything.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.