iOS 3.1 Jailbreaking Appreciation

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Coolbeans, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Coolbeans

Coolbeans New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have had my iPod Touch 3G 32g for about a month now and it's probably the best gadget I have ever owned. Like most users I have looking into jailbreaking but so far I have resisted with the (hopefully) upcoming untheathered version. For me the main reason for jailbreaking is it opens doors for iphone/ipod development on a Windows platform, but obviously there are many other benefits.

I have resisted the blackrain jailbreak only because in the short time I have had my ipod I have had to reset it a few times due to wifi connectivity issues, so a tetheared version will be a pain.

I am a developer by prefession (Java) and want to show my appreciation to the developers who have worked on jailbreaks in the past and those working on new versions. Those of you who are not developers don't realise how difficult this is to do and how many hours have to be put into it.

In my search for an unteathered jailbreak I have come across forum messages and twittter comments where the community is "demanding" an unteathered jailbreak. This I find almost comparable to mugging someone in the street and demanding their wallet! Please community, be patient and let the developers work their magic. Without them you would not have any jailbreak. If you already use a jailbreak or plan to use one please support the developers with donations.

Lastly, I am not an Objective-C programmer but if any of the jailbreaking teams need help from a Java developer (writing utilties/tools etc) please feel free to shout.

Cheers!!
  2. kingcoolryan

kingcoolryan Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    There is only one group "chronic dev" that are "apparently" making a unteathered jailbreak... I don't see the big deal but I say that any ungreatful person demands a jailbreak should shut up and make there own
  3. Airion

Airion Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    yeh, people cannot appreciate that greenpo1son is a work in progress and they cannot be patient and wait. They demand Greenpo1son, they beg and QQ about it not being released when they say it should, and worst of all, WORST OF ALL!!! They are the reason why the 2G jailbreak was released later than expected because of all the emails and threads.. I wish people would just shut up and wait, or make their own, buggy and iDevice-killing-software.
    Btw, i like ur avatar Kingcoolryan.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    yeah, they cant accept that chronic dev isnt going to release it only to have to remake it when apple patch the exploit on the new iPhone. Be considerate and be patient
  5. Airion

Airion Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Lol, i remember the iPod 2G jailbreaking days.. on the iphone dev team's blog, all the noobs begging for redsn0w.

Please Register or Log in to view images

it was hilarious to see.. but very annoying! i saw like 100 posts begging for redsn0w in one day. I am not bullsh*tting. Then when MuscleNerd posted something like "Tethered jailbreak will be released in a month", everyone was QQing and saying how they wanted it now and how it would be nice to get an early christmas present. I bet the only goddamn christmas present they got from the dev team was a good ol smack in tha arse and harrassment from other members. (I was one of those members, not the QQing ones, but teh harrassing ones). Me and some other ppl tried to keep the blog clean of QQers, beggers, noobs, etc, but we failed cuz it was a battle we could not win.
  6. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    lol yeah, theres too many noobs
  7. Airion

Airion Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Noobs shouldn't be jailbreaking.. If they do not know what they are doing, and if they delete files that they think are useless, but that is actually needed to run the ipod, they are f***ed! then they start crying, saying it was an accident and they expect people to help them, and they copy+paste the topic and post it everywhere thinking the other members will help that person. HAH!
  8. lunchmeats101

lunchmeats101 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I ruv apprications.